Airport in Marathon Florida!!!!

Fly Rod

Commander
:) I know that there is an airport in or around Marathon Florida!!!<br /><br />Does anybody know the name and town ????<br /><br />Clicked Marathon as my destination and delta could not identify!!!!<br /><br />Thanks for any and all help!!!!! ;) :cool:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Airport in Marathon Florida!!!!

There's an airport in Marathon..........<br />I Think you'll need to Hop over from Miami on a Commuter Flight.........

radar750

Seaman

Fly Rod, there is an airport around there,not shore of the exact town but I think it is Marathon<br />The airport code for it is MTH enter these letters where it ask for destination. every airport has a code. For example if you want to go from Boston to say Miami it would be<br />BOS MIA<br />MHT Manchester NH<br /><br />Good Luck

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Thanks for the help !!!<br /><br />Found out Delta does not fly to Marathon would have to take a short hopper!!!<br /><br />Made arrangements with delta to fly to key west and rent car; 50 miles to marathon compared to 112miles from miami!!! No money involved for the flight, using frequent flyer miles!!! ;)

radar750

Seaman

Fly Rod, I just tried what I suggested to you and it did not work.<br />MTH is the official code for Marathon. After checking my FAA book it actully lists it as a Landing Strip and not an airport. I am sure someone flies there, probably a small charter. If I find out anymore I will let you know.

radar750

Seaman

Fly Rod, MTH is serviced by FCA, Florida Costal Air. You can connect through FLL FT Lauderdale.I think they may be tied in with US Air, the fly small Cessna 402s I think. Good Luck, Have a nice trip, It is an awsome drive also

BillP

Captain

Marathon AP is a single 5000' paved runway. Just about everything flys in there except for the heavies.<br /><br />Bill in Fl<br />EXP N276SP

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Made my plans for the beginning of January and staying at Rainbow Bend!!! <br /><br />The place includes the use of a boat for 4hrs.each day. Just have to pay for the fuel used!!!<br /><br />The wife will be happy with the beach;pool and jacuzzi on premises while I'm fly fishing!!! ;) :cool:

phatmanmike

Captain

fly rod... ive stayed there before myself. the boats are 13 foot boston whalers with 25hp mercs. nice setup. be warned, the water there at that time a year is absolutely freezing( its the atlantic)<br /><br />tip: go to the "islamorada fish company" at least once for a meal, unforgetable, been there many times, and eat out on the water. <br /><br />its a few miles north, but soooo worth it!<br /><br />by the way, they also offer free kayaks for the day and you can use their snorkels and just swimm off shore and see lobsters and groupers<br /><br />great place<br /><br />mike

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

If I'm remembering right, there is some regulation or law that commercial jets can't fly into the Keys. All puddle-jumper service out of Miami. Marathon, Islamorada and surrounding keys are great place, but if you want WEIRD you have to go to Key West. Envy your trip. Have fun. If you have a rental car, you should take the drive on the Overseas Highway [US 1]. This is something everyone should do during their lifetime.