Hotmail virus?

Kalian

Chief Petty Officer
Hey folks, something weird is going on with my hotmail acount. It won't let me delete my mail! I selected 19 emails I wanted to delete, then hit the delete button. I noticed some went away, but not all 19. I selected the ones that didn't disapear and deleted those. Some of them went away, but others that had been deleted came back. I decided to sign out of hotmail and sign back in. all 19 emails were back again. <br /> I tried it from another computer with the same results. I think it's a problem with hotmails server, but was wondering if any one else has experienced this, and whether this sounds like any type of virus out there.<br />Thanks!

Xcusme

Commander
Re: Hotmail virus?

Nope, no problem on this end...works the same as it always has.....

Kalian

Chief Petty Officer

I semi-figured it out. Every time I deleted 1 particular mail,(it had an atachment, I never opened it) it would bring back several deleted mails from the trash. I deleted all the other mails first, emptied the trash, then signed out and signed in. All the deleted mails were now gone. I then deleted the questionable mail, emptied the trash and all seems normal now. Don't know if hotmail was having a problem or if a virus got through their virus-checker. I'm still curious if anybody else has seen something like this before.

Kalian

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Xcusme, you posted after I started the above, so I missed it. You posted at 3:56, so were probably fooling with hotmail about the same time I was before the last post. It probably wasn't a hotmail problem, must have been that questionable email I deleted? Strange.