Redneck home projects...lets see'em

one more cast

Captain
since there are some pretty avid imaginations on here lets see those redneck home projects. I will start with my redneck pool heater from a few years back.<br />
redneckpoolheater.jpg

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Redneck home projects...lets see'em

This is a work still in progress :) I know there are so many more that I just cant think of right now. My brother made a hottub out of an old cast iron bathtub... one end above ground for a hot coal pit other end has a trolling motor for some water activity. :) <br />
sea%20trials%203.JPG

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

I hear banjos in the distance. :)

one more cast

Captain

alden,Wheres your picture? I know you have at least one redneck project.

LubeDude

Admiral

Wimperdink:<br /><br />I bet the other end is along the road with the mailbox in it.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> Wimperdink:<br /><br />I bet the other end is along the road with the mailbox in it.
nope but I like the way you think. :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by alden:<br /> I hear banjos in the distance. :)
you need to tune your ears.... thats actually a geeeeetar you hear out there...<br /><br />
bugs.JPG

cpj

Ensign

its a home made game cam. works like a champ. notice my finger ? Thats the innards from a bathroom air freshener thingy that sprays out anti poop spray.Now it pushes a rod and trips the camera.<br />p.s. OMC, better go to wimperdink vs the shark. ;) <br />
100_1621.jpg
<br /><br /><br />
100_1623.jpg
<br />
100_1624.jpg

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Don't forget to open the lens cover.<br /><br />Otherwise, it looks like you have a lot of crafty thinking into that project.<br /><br />........ Enough to make one wonder if you may be an accomplace of Ted Kozinski aka "The Unibomber" ?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

This is a gaf i made outta an old golf club. I calls it me "mine iron".<br />Werks goodly.<br /><br />
18712238.jpg

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Here is a fish attractor lamp i made from a halogen headlamp bulb and a Wylers spice jar (a glass one ,of course). The copper-colerd "blob" is a lead weight which i coated with silicone to keep it from breaking the glass, and to make the lamp sink.<br /><br />
18718006.jpg

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

12footer I like that light. Winter project ideas!<br /><br />These projects are all in my 1989 Jeep Wrangler.<br /><br /><br />First, it did not have a dome light so I bought a 12 volt fluorescent light for $4.99 and wired up to a switch and zip tied it to the rollbar. Now I have plenty of light.<br /><br />
100_0602.jpg
<br /><br /><br />Next, the Jeep had a crappy radio and only one dash speaker working, so I added some cheap speakers and cd player. Didn't want to put a speaker box behind the rear seat as that is the only storage in a Jeep and the speaker bars that attach to the rollbar are too pricey. So I improvised and used what I had.<br /><br />
100_0596.jpg
<br />
100_0597.jpg
<br />
100_0598.jpg

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks good to me mrloring. I'd bet those boxes were tough to cut. Are those 6.5" speakers?<br /><br />Tell us more about that pool heater OMC. Is that a residential boiler?

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

73Baja <br /><br />They are 6x9's. Not very difficult to cut. I used a jigsaw with a metal blade. If you look closely you will see the board under the ammo can. The speaker was bigger than the can so I painted a board olive drab to match the can and screwed it underneath to raise it up. the hardest part was cutting the contour on the lid to match the speaker. At least now I can hear the radio, before I had one 4" dash speaker working on the passenger side. Thinking about using a .50 cal ammo can screwed down between the seats for a waterproof console.

one more cast

Captain

"Tell us more about that pool heater OMC. Is that a residential boiler?" <br /><br /> That is an old Shenandoah wood stove I had laying around. I ran about 30)20" pieces of 1/2 copper tube through it and connected them all together with elbows. I then ran a line with a choke valve from the pool pump to the heater and back to the pool. This heater worked good but was pretty slow heating do to the low volume. The pool heater I want to build will be the improved version. I am going to cut a door in the end of a 275 gallon fuel tank and use 100-200 feet of 7/8 or 1" coiled copper.I will also use a separate pump.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Love the ammo box speakers :D ... I'm happy to see this topic getting more interest..

cpj

Ensign

Speaking of ammo boxes,here is a "critter" caller(coyotes,crows,etc)made from an ammo can a tape player and an old horn speaker.weighs about 25 pounds with batteries.<br /><br /><br />
100_1633.jpg
<br /><br /><br />
100_1634.jpg
<br /><br /><br />Here is the new and improved light weight version.It uses a portable cd or mp3 player and has a 7 watt amp.It is an amp kit that you can purchase on line that you solder yourself.Much lighter and easier to pack.But, it lacks the redneck character the the ammo can has! :D <br /><br /><br />
100_1630.jpg
<br /><br /> <br /> <br /><br /><br />
100_1632.jpg

one more cast

Captain

I knew there had to be some out there. Still waiting for a picture of that washerator though.