Camper Cover

traphat

Recruit
I am looking and have been looking for a long time, for a camper cover for my Tahoe 16'. Other than a custom-made, does anyone know where I might look or inquire?

Fishbusters

Ensign
Re: Camper Cover

Not sure but I think I saw one one time in a JC Whitney cat. I think it was a camping specialog. You can also try camping world cat. I have not gotten one in a couple years but seems to me they used to carry things like that. I use a tarp to cover the one I have now. We never use because it is more trouble than it is worth. It is a slide in for a small truck fits in a ranger and such.

JWboing

Cadet

Has anyone had any luck finding a source for Camper Covers? I am accquiring a 1986 Four Winns Santara 205 and would love to have a Camper Cover for it.

tommays

Admiral

with the way they have to snap on to your boat i dont see how you can do anything stock that would fit well if at all<br /><br />even getting one from the boat builder when its new is pretty costly if you want fabric that is going to last and not leak when it rains<br /><br /><br />tommays

JWboing

Cadet

On my boat in 1986 it was an option. I have contacted Four Winns but haven't heard back from them yet. I suppose it is pretty doubtfull that they would still have something available, but i thought i would try. Are there companies that could help me with an aftermarket product? I know we will be living out of the boat, in three seasons, up the Mississippi river from St. Louis, the added benefit of a Camper Cover would be fantastic. Also, I want to convert a back to back seat to a seat and use the other seat area for a fridge stove and sink. That also was an option that year, but i may have to build it unless anyone knows of an aftermarket supplier. It would not have to be for this boat, just any back to back seat area conversion. I will do a quick search and if no luck start a new thread on that idea. Thanks for your help, keep the suggestions coming! John

tommays

Admiral

i dont no whats in your area but on long island there are a lot of canavs shops you bring the boat to them on the trailer and they do it there<br /><br />if you want a good cover system the frame they need to build and connect to the boat is as inportant as the cover<br /><br />a bad frame is going to bend a lot even a normal boating speeds<br /><br />tommays

JWboing

Cadet

Thanks for the link. I checked out boatcoversdirect and they didn't have a camper cover for my boat. Looks like i will start to look locally. I'll ask around at the marinas for a canvas guy. I bet something like this is pretty expensive. Thanks,, John

NYMINUTE

Captain

Custom made is the only thing I have seen for my Rinker. Ranging up to $1500.00 I can get some awesome rain gear for that, and keep it when I sell or trade.

Black69

Seaman Apprentice

Northern Tool and Equipment also offers covers for boats, campers, motor homes etc.