mouse drivers Win95

dolluper

Captain
I have been playing with 3 computers I got at an auction as cheap as dirt and old as it to One has Windows95 sound card,modem,serial ports for a mouse.So I got an adaptor serial to pc/2 and when I add hardware it comes up with to insert driver floppy before it will install which I don't have<br />This is an old computer and it does give me choices for different types of mouse and I have keyed the right mouse but the type opition could be wrong since I'm using the adaptor????<br />option Pc/2 or serial internal track<br />I looked at cutemouse.sourceforge.net and they have software that could solve the problem with the no driver insert floppy issue.<br />Any advise here or suggestions would be greatly recieved THANKYOU

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: mouse drivers Win95

Only some (old and somewhat rare) mice are designed to to work with those adapters. I think that's your real problem.<br />Best would be to find a plain serial mouse instead. You shouldn't need any drivers at all for either serial or serial-ps/2 adapted mice. It should just recognise it and you won't see that 'Plug in Mouse' window pop up.<br />Any independant computer shop would love to unload a pile of serial mice on you super cheap. Just to get them out of the back room.

dolluper

Captain

The mice I have are very old also but they are ps/2 that's why I tried the adaaptor it seems it never had a mouse installed and my keyboard skills are ****ty When it starts up I get the message to plug in mouse Most of the shops here only have the wrong way connectors PS/2 to serial for laptops

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I never once had that "ps/2 to serial adapter" work.<br /><br />I really think you have to go find a serial mouse.<br /><br />Ken

ndemge

Commander

I've got a box of serial mice here if ya want one, probably only be a couple bucks to mail one.

ndemge

Commander

was my post deleted because I offered something?

Paul Moir

Admiral

Nah, that was just an Iboats hiccup. I've seen that happen before when two people post at the same time. It'll list the 'Ghost' poster as the last one to post until that ghost poster posts again.<br />(Say that 5 times fast :D )<br />Kind of you to offer though. :) <br /><br />I'm going to have to address this problem soon as the mouse I've been using since the '80s is serial. They make serial PCI-X cards? :D

dolluper

Captain

Hay Im not a ghost [i think] the box is now telling me to insert disc 9 like cab 9 is missing maybe that's the ghost talking

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by NoelMG:<br /> I've got a box of serial mice here if ya want one, probably only be a couple bucks to mail one.
I do too Noel. I've been saving them for target practice. :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Dolluper, just upgrade to win 98. Your machines should be able to handle that.