LubeDude, GTA update please.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I was wondering if you could give me an update on the gta fuel enhancer?<br /><br />Its been a year, are you still using it?<br />Have you been able to compile some long term results?

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: LubeDude, GTA update please.

Roscoe, I bought a gallon of the GTA fuel enhancer because my buddy is an engineer at a small laboratory and he wanted to test it. It wasn't a formal test and I didn't get any paperwork verifying anything but Peter did say that it shouldn't do any damage to your motor at the rate it was used. Also said was that they could not figure out how it would do anything positive either. I have half a gallon back and been using it with no apparent changes is mileage. Peter used some in his Nissan, and some of his co-workers used some with no noticeable change in mileage. I don't keep good records on mileage because of my varied driving, but Peter and his co-workers know exactly how much fuel they use. My conclusion is that the marketers of this product took a lesson from "Slick 50". Chief ;)

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> I was wondering if you could give me an update on the gta fuel enhancer?
Im not a person that checks his mileage every tankfull, hardly ever for that matter.<br /><br />I am still using it though, mainly because of what it does in my outboard and my wifes car. I have no real way of checking how much my 150 Merc uses, but I can tell a real difference. I used to use a lot more fuel though. Now, I am not running WOT everywhere I go now because of the fuel prices, (I know that makes a huge difference), But I can go out on four trips on about $25.00 of fuel now, and I used to only get about three trips on that amount. Unscientific I know, but the engine sounds better also.<br /><br />Now, KK used it with premix and had spark plug issues, I have never had that problem though.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Well I bought some and it did seem to help the Safari van, but not the full sized van.<br />Mileage may have gone up a tad, but hard to tell as I go thru so little gas these days and driving conditions and harsh winter weather have a huge effect. It hay have given me a little sensor trouble as the full size was stuck on a fast idle for two months when I was using it.<br /><br />Have not tried it in ob.<br /><br />I will continue till the cube is empty, but will not repurchase.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Roscoe, I did use it in a couple of outboards with no noticeable change in performance...Chief ;)

LubeDude

Admiral

The trick to the 2 cycle usage is to use twice as much as it says to use. (As per the owner of the companys advice), It then does make a difference.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Unfortunately LD, I followed the directions correctly. It would be great if I could put a couple ounces of some wierd stuff in my gas tank and good stuff happens. It just didn't happen this time...I tried. Chief ;)

LubeDude

Admiral

Hey Chief! All my wifes relatives are in Idaho, (Thank God)! Keep them over there would ya?

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry to hear that LD, maybe I could go shoo them your way a little. I think they live on the Snake River near Weiser, or Payette? Chief ;)

LubeDude

Admiral

We have a hard time keeping track of them, they move a lot. I think they dont pay there bills and move on. If they came to Oregon, I wouldn walk accross the street to see any one of them. Well, maybe its not that bad, but close, I "Might" walk accross the street, but no farther.<br /><br />For instance, There is this one neice that has been married 3 times. Every time, she has ruined the guy finacially. They lost there house, cars, trucks, boats, everything whithin a year. Go figure! The thing is, there is nothing to show for it. Like, where did the money go??? There is nothing to show where it went. Some guy is going to kill her someday.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> I was wondering if you could give me an update on the gta fuel enhancer?<br /><br />Its been a year, are you still using it?<br />Have you been able to compile some long term results?
I still have only used it in my van. But the results I posted have stayed the same for the last year. I keep a very accurate log with mileage etc and yesterday was the first time I did not add it when I filled up (was in a hurry) but figured it would be a good check to see if mpg changed and performance. Wont fill up again for a couple weeks right before we head out to Seaside Or on the 17th but will post results for the first tank without in a year.<br />Good or Bad as I have nothing to gain or lose by posting results.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Link, I hopes that you come up with positive results, since I still have half a gallon left I might figure out what to do with the gooooey stuff. Like keep on trying. If you come up with not so positive results, and want to know if I will give you a good deal on what I have left, that will be ok also...Chief

Link

Rear Admiral

Arrrrg Chief<br />Didnt see this one comming<br />Only went through a 1/2 tank before filling up without the GTA... actually got better mileage than the last 3 months which doesnt make since.<br /> <br />Take a look at my posts last June.. everything posted is true. We are taking off tonight for the same trip I take every year to Seaside Oregon for a Amateur Radio convention.<br />Filled up last night and will drive down without using the GTA and will fill up using it again driving back... will be back next week as we are taking a side trip with MIL to MT Hood for a couple days and I'll post results then..<br /><br />Sorry to put you on hold for a week but its time to go play with radios.. then some serious Kite flying on the Columbia Gorge... :D

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I'm gonna use up the rest of my supply then switch over to something else. At the time I supplied my friends at the lab with GTA I also found an article about adding acetone to the fuel. I was out boating with one these engineers last week and he informed me that he was getting good results with the acetone. Peter drives a Frontier with 4banger, normally only got 17mpg, and now up to 19. Go figger. Chief ;)

rwise

Captain

Chief<br />How much acetone are they putting in to how much gas? <br /><br />Will acetone harm the carb (or fuel injectors) fuel pump, composite tank etc?

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

rwise, here's the article. You'll have to read it and make your own conclusions but I think my friend Peter is using 4oz of acetone in a 20 gallon tank. I will ask tho to be sure. There may also be some items of interest to the lubeguys here if the follow the page back to their homepage. Chief ;) <br /> http://www.lubedev.com/articles/additive.htm

rwise

Captain

Ok Chief thats an interesting read, I may have to try it acetone is fairly cheap!

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

rwise, keep some good records and report back if you would be so kind. Before and after so there's something to compare. Thanks. Chief ;)

rwise

Captain

ok, I was getting about 16 mpg. what I can say (so far) is when I start it the puff of smoke I was getting is not there, no clatter on WOT shift that I had before. I'll run this tank and start keeping records of fuel. It did seem to give an octane boost, but I haven't got enuf miles on to tell yet.