Feel so Dumb!

LubeDude

Admiral
Well, I have a 1993 Ford Ranger 4X4 5 sp, I had a new Turbo muffler installed ,(No Cat) last fall, sounded great. Well, a couple months went buy and it started to rattle and I thought that it had come apart internally as that is what It sounded like when you would drive by a wall or another car. I even slapped it once with my hand and thats what I though had happened. Also, I had a little rattling sound that I thought was coming from the transmision in 1st, second, and third gear at certain RPMs. Well, I had some time today so I took it into the Muffler shop where I had it installed and complained about the muffler. He put it up on the rack and tightened a muffler clamp tack welded the pipe so it wouldnt come lose again and that was it. Crap, I could have done that myself. :eek: Also, now there is no more rattle in the (What I thought) transmision anymore. I apolagised for bothering him and left. :eek: He was cool about it though.

ob

Admiral
Re: Feel so Dumb!

Welcome to the world of getting blind ole farts Lubedude. :D <br /><br />I'm a recent trainee in denial. :cool: <br /><br />Besides,Them dang rattles are hard to pinpoint.<br /><br />You lose the detailed ability of the senses first.After that it eventually reaches the fetal position state. :D

NathanY

Commander

Stupid worthless made in China muffler bearings... :D :rolleyes:

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

You coulda had your son drive whilst you hanged on next to the driveshaft, I know you'da figgered it out then...or maybe you wouldn't have need a pick-up nomore...Chief :)

KRS

Banned

Don't forget to check the blinker fluid

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I told ya you needed a hoist, LubeDude. Ya coulda saved that poor muffle guy all that grief. :p

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> I told ya you needed a hoist, LubeDude. Ya coulda saved that poor muffle guy all that grief. :p
Hey, Im getting one, anyway, I have a mark on the floor where its suppose to go, should be about three weeks. I cant waite.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by azfyrfyter63:<br /> Don't forget to check the blinker fluid
That's no joke, here in the PNW. I had to drill drain holes in my Daughter's taillight assemblies to keep the 'blinker fluid' from building up to high. Tried sealing them up everywhere it was obvious but they kept filling up.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />
Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> I told ya you needed a hoist, LubeDude. Ya coulda saved that poor muffle guy all that grief. :p
Hey, Im getting one, anyway, I have a mark on the floor where its suppose to go, should be about three weeks. I cant waite.
Is that at home LD or at work?? And if at work will you be able to use it for your own projects?<br /><br />Did you order a new one or did you find a used one?<br /><br />And the last question is, how much did you have to pay for it???

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />
Is that at home LD or at work?? And if at work will you be able to use it for your own projects?<br /><br />Did you order a new one or did you find a used one?<br /><br />And the last question is, how much did you have to pay for it???
Its at work, but I have full use of this shop for my own use. <br /><br />Ill let you know about the other questions eventually.

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by azfyrfyter63:<br /> Don't forget to check the blinker fluid
I have to say that is the funniest thing I have heard this year. ROFLMAO! :D :D :D :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

And if your blinker fluid is all frozen up, you can call on Hank Hill to thaw it with a propane torch :D