Anyone have GT4

eeboater

Commander
Does anyone own Gran Turismo 4 yet? If so, is anyone running a high-def connection from their PS2 to their TV? Curious how good it looks.<br /><br />Sean

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Anyone have GT4

???? what in the hell are you talkin' about here .. :confused:

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

Video game played on a sony play station. <br />No haven't tried it but everything on HD looks cool.

ndemge

Commander

eeboater..... remember, unlike us, most the folks here are old foggers.... :)

sangerwaker

Commander

Who you callin fogger? :p :D <br /><br />No Sean, not HDTV for me yet. Hopefully in the next year or two, but it's not in the finances right now. I will hook my PS2 up via HD when I get the TV though. I didn't even know that was possible actually. I really haven't kept up on PS2 stuff in the last 2-3 years. I know mine sure sounds awesom in digital sound! 1400 watts of digital power in my living room will kick you right in the chest! :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea there is a cable thingy you can hook up and run to your tv now.<br />I ain't into that stuff, but the youngest daughter is.<br /><br />She's on it about all night playing some game.<br />You fight other players or something.<br />You make your guy move around and shoot and throw grenades and blow things up.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> She's on it about all night playing some game.<br />You fight other players or something.<br />You make your guy move around and shoot and throw grenades and blow things up.
Whatever you do SBN don't try it, it is HIGHLY addicting.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Oh I ain't GG. Don't have to worry about that.<br /><br />She won't lay the controller down long enough. :mad:

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Oh I ain't GG. Don't have to worry about that.<br /><br />She won't lay the controller down long enough. :mad:
I hear ya, my kids are the same way :rolleyes:

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

ok ok .. I'm with ya now.. <br /><br />pew!! .. smell that?<br /><br />brain fart!!

JB

Non-boating Tech topic.

eeboater

Commander

Oh come on guys!! I'll decode it for ya... :D <br /><br />Does anyone own the new game for the Playstation 2 called Gran Turismo 4? It has an option to connect the PS2 to a High definition television and play the game in high definition.<br /><br />Sean

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

I will say, I have an Xbox that displays all games in some form of HD, whether it is 480p 720p or 1080i depending on the game, and every game is coded with 4:3 and 16:9 support. Once you switch to widescreen HD there's no going back.

LubeDude

Admiral

hey, Am I the only old fart that likes vidio games on this forum? :eek: I got into Gran Tourismo when I had my knee sergury a few years back so I would have something to do while I was recuperating for a few months. My son would bring his Playstation over way before that and he would kick my rear easily, but it hooked me on the game.<br /><br />Well, It took me about a week just to get my licenses due to my slower reflexes, its great therepy though. Then it was uphill from there. Next time he came over, I could hold my own, he was quite impressed.<br /><br />The realism of the game got me hooked, and the fact that I know how to set up the cars helps me have an edge. Now I have a PS/2 and GT 3 and am just getting started going through it when the wife is gone visiting the grand kids. Dont have time other than then. I saw some of the graphics the other day on the GT 4 and they are quite impressive. Someday these video games are going to be absolutly real. :eek:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

thanks bomar, i seen one of those once at a Sears store back in '75. $300, whew !!! no thanks.<br />I just put a catseye marble on a boot box and tilt it back n forth. Mighty exciting, and portable too.