Need more water pressure

brother chris

Commander
I have a travel trailer and while the water hose is hooked up to it, and I go and use the tap in the kitchen(or bathroom) there is not very much water pressure. Try taking a shower and it seems like the water is just dripping on you. <br />Is there a water pump that can be added to the line to have more water pressure. <br />Or is there any other way that I can add more pressure to my water? <br />Thanks for any help. <br />Brother Chris.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Need more water pressure

I'm betting there is a pressure regulator in the line, which most likely is the hose hookup itself...<br /><br />I'm not telling ya to remove it cause I don't wanna hear about a flooded camper later on, but... ;)

Dunaruna

Admiral

Yep, shurflo 12 volt pressure pump. Pumps about 17 litres a minute at 40PSI.<br />I'm using the 3.8 GPM and its plenty for a shower.<br /><br />Aldo

brother chris

Commander

Thanks guys, I will look for it and see what I have in there for a pressure pump. <br />I knew someone here would know. :D

flashback

Captain

Hey Bro, Before you go and buy a pump, I would try to locate the pressure regulator and check it first... many of them have a filter in them, and that filter could be clogged, also many can be adjusted to increase or decrease the pressure..good luck....

dolluper

Captain

One side of the regulator is your cycle setting the other is the pressure seting mine has 10mm heads on them under the plastic cover they look points because they are Also make sure your tank hasn't dropped pressure about 18lbs is good

brother chris

Commander

Thanks for the replies. I will taking it apart(or at least inspecting it) this weekend. <br />I'll post and let you know what I found. <br />Thanks again.