Keyboard..broke

11 footer

Lieutenant
Today..I..get..hoMe..and..My..keyboard..isn't..working..right<br /><br />The..keys..in..the..bottoM..two..rows..don't..<br />work<br /><br />I'M..Copy&pasting..letters..to..post..this,..any..suggestions..other..then..get..a..new..one?

11 footer

Lieutenant
Re: Keyboard..broke

i..took..it..aprt..looks..like..the..other..person..who..uses..this..CoMputer..spilt..soMething..stiCky..on..it.......stupid..sister :mad: <br /><br />i'll..shut..up..untill..I..get..a..new..one..this..Must..be.anoying..to..read<br /> :p

Summer Fun

Banned

please hurry up and buy one my brain is hurting :) ....wayne

LubeDude

Admiral

My wifes best freind had her cat get up on her computer desk and peeeeeed on her key board!

Link

Rear Admiral

In the old days (puter wise) keyboards would fry when liquid was spilled on them. New ones are for the most part protected. Pop apart and clean. Air compressors and shop vacs come in handy!<br />LubeDude ewwwwwwwwwww ick :) <br />BTDT I keep peanuts on the desk to feed the squirrels when I'm home. Well one day I was home but not sitting here. Squirrel came in and jumped in my chair.. saw the peanuts on the desk.. sat on the keyboard while grabbing peanuts. I came around the corner and scared her! ewwwwwwww ick!<br />Not only had to clean the keyboard, but my chair and the floor! Back door is kept shut now except for when we want to feed them :D

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

LMAO at Link.<br />Darn things are cheap, but if you're cheaper and got some time to waste, you can disassemble and clean. Always fun to get all the keys back in the right slot!<br />.ouir eowt youre ti83 l489 tymns

ezbtr

Commander

My wife spilled coffee on hers few mos ago, i just took ut apart layer by layer, cleaned, dried(alot) and put back together, all better(I used to rebld em), I know I know, just BUY a new one! Hey took me an hour and saved a few bucks :) Heinz

speedwrench

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wash it out with WD-40, turn upside down and blow out with compressed air.

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've got wd-40, wd-40 <br />Do I hear duct tape? Anybody got duct tape?

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Your troubles come in batches don't they Ryan...<br /><br />Heres my Ideas, I would skip lubedude's plan. Take it outside and rinse off with the POWER WASHER. While your out there you can get the Greatstuff also. If this destroys the computer it can be replaced for less than a few hundred so therfore it is a non-issue.<br /><br />Poster in no way assumes liability for your actions, :D <br /><br />P.s. try and clean it, if it does not help keyboared are usually universal and not to expensive provided it is a desktop.

11 footer

Lieutenant

I took all the keys off last night and cleaned the and put it back together, still didn't work.<br /><br />I got a new one today, it cost $53.<br /><br />I miss the old one already and I haven't even typed much on it yet.<br /><br />My computer is a iMac, when the imacs first came the mouses and keyboads where all black. Since then they did away what that and they make them bright white, them thing is so bright white I think I'm gonna go blind :D

vidar

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you coud get it in clear also.... :)

11 footer

Lieutenant

They didn't have any clear ones, or I would have taken it over the bright white.

one more cast

Captain

I got an idea :D spill some coffee on it and it won't be bright white anymore.... I didn't say it was a GOOD idea.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

thats what ya get for using a mac.........

11 footer

Lieutenant

Would a PC keyboard be any different?<br /><br />I love my Mac, I'll will never own anything else.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, but you can get a pc keyboard for $5.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

love the papers funny pages (intellectual pages??) cartoon "Fox Trot". The kid Jason is a tech no geek and has an "IFRUIT" 'puter. <br /><br />Latest 'toons reference Microshaft Windblows source code leak. "Jason" has been having fun with that. <br /><br />Anyone ever play with Lindos OS??..some kinda Linux deal...saw this on 'puters available from the Geeks and Tigerdirect.