Honda 10 hp Year and Compression?

mikmic2

Seaman
Hello, <br /><br />I had two questions about my newly acquired Honda 10hp 4 cycle. It says Honda 100 on the hood, and it has a dark blue bottom with a white hood. <br /><br />Anybody know what year it is? The model is B100-1002738 <br /><br />I was told that it was really a BF100-1002738, although it really says the first number on the block of the engine and on the leg. <br /><br />What would be good compression numbers for this engine?<br /><br />With those goofy little plug threads it has, because of those little plugs, my good compression tester won't screw in the plug holes. So I am reduced to using my old busted compression tester with the rubber nipple. I know it isn't getting a good reading, as they both only come up with 65 pounds. At least they are even, but I am thinking that 65 pounds is not really the case, as it seems to have more then that when you pull the cord.<br /><br />So I am currently trying to find some type of adapter for my screw in compression tester, to fit these oddball size threads. <br /><br />Anyways, just wondering what would be good compression numbers for this engine, and what might the year be. <br /><br />It didn't have spark when I first got it, but now that I have cleaned the points temporarily it does have spark. I thought that might help in identifying the year. <br />What years did they make these honda 100 10hp motors that were blue and white, and had points? Anybody know?<br /><br />Thanks<br />Mike

mikmic2

Seaman
Re: Honda 10 hp Year and Compression?

I guess I have found out I need a 12mm adapter for my compression gauge, as the NGK-DR5HS plugs are 12mm.<br /><br />Maybe for now, I will try to use the rubber nipple, and put it on my other good compression tester.

Nick on the Bad Habit

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The year of manufactor was stamped on the spark plug wires on my 1973 engine, maybe it's the same on yours.<br />Nick

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

that is a BF...it is a 1978 model :cool: