70 nissan

jamakim18

Cadet
I just got great news, a lady at work wants to give me her 70 nissan, i think that it is either late 80's or early 90's. I want to use it to replace a 1988 50hp force. I just wanted to know what you guys thought of them. Are the nissan's good engines? Any usual problems that come with them?<br /><br />The strypers and blues are running and I want to get out there

phatmanmike

Captain
Re: 70 nissan

find out the year exactly, parts are not available for pre1986 motors. if you dont believe me, call the 1800 number on tohatsu.com

jamakim18

Cadet

Thanks that's good to know, do you know if they are a high end or a low end engine?

phatmanmike

Captain

well i won 9 motors and 3 of them are nissans..... id buy another one in a heartbeat. they start instantly and run forever, they are very basic, not a lot to go wrong. <br /><br />the problem with these motors ia that dealers are few and far between and if you cant do the routine maintance and work yourself, youll finyourself in a big stink......other than force, there are no high end or low end motors, its all how the motor is maintained... get the motor, order a repair manual, and start tinkering, thats the only way to learn. \<br /><br />have fun<br /><br />ps if you dont want it, ill buy it from ya<br /><br />m ikey

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

James,<br /><br />All most everything is still available for the engine regardless of year, but you may have to replace more than the one part that is bad in order to use the new replacement part.