90 force bayliner

kaden

Recruit
i am new to this forum so heelo to all.<br /><br />my problem is this im getting water in through casing and its getting up into the top of the engine cover :confused: .i took the casing off and theres a spunge gasket i think and its unglued could this be my water problem.and if so how do i repair??? :confused:

kaden

Recruit
Re: 90 force bayliner

no its not an l drive and its a 91 if that helps

The Marine Doctor

Commander

I am going to assume that you mean cowling...instead of casing...on the back of the engine inside the cowling is an exhause snout or boot, You will have to look down in behind the head. Peak over the edge. Nothing has to be removed to see it. Sometimes this boot cracks or splits and allows both water and exhaust into the cowling.<br /><br />TMD

kaden

Recruit

yep thats it!!now how do i repair or fix without having to take the whole motor off any ideas??

The Marine Doctor

Commander

Quick fix..though I would not do it myself You can unbolt the shroud that surrounds the Exhaust snout. Should be several 7/16 bolts inside the engine compartment...and 6..3/8 bolts on the outside toward the front of the engine.<br /><br />Once the shroud is removed you can Duct tape the snout.<br /><br />This is a very short term fix. If out on the lake and it burns through...you can drive the boat without the cowling so that the exhaust does not build up and stall the engine.<br /><br />Just be leary of water getting into the carbs.<br /><br />TMD