70HP Chrysler Control Cables

Hal Brodmann

Recruit
I've been an Evinrude man all my life, but recently "adopted" a couple of boats with Chrysler outboards. I'm looking for control cables for a '77 70HP. I can't find any listings for any Chrysler parts anywhere. I've been told that I need to buy Mercury parts, that they're the same as Chrysler, like Johnson and Evinrude are the same.<br />Any Chrysler guys out there. I like these old outboards with the distributors and points. It reminds me of my old gas station days. You remember the "full-service" gas station days.<br />Thanks for any help.<br />A web site, store, a place to look up a part number, anything would be appreciated.

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 70HP Chrysler Control Cables

I just got control cables and control(Homelite) for 72 55hp Chrysler. I don't need them. If you want a picture , reach me at scotiany12302@yahoo.com. I won't be able to send until this Sunday.Maybe another member of the forum could verify if Chrysler controls are all the same.

Hal Brodmann

Recruit
Re: 70HP Chrysler Control Cables

Great!!<br />Let me know how long the things are and how much you want for them. I'm a little in the dark here too. Is this a standard Chrysler control box with the single handle and the "pull-out" knob for the fast-idle? Mine is about a 1976-1978 model. If yours is close to the same year, and close to the same length, I think I can make it work.<br />Where will you be shipping from if we are able to make a deal?