89 125 Force Hydraulic Trim

brmoore

Cadet
The hydraulic line on the right lifter on my Force 125 has been ripped out. Is it possible to replace just the lifter. The threaded end of the hydraulic line looks to be fine, but whatever it screwed into seems to be broken off. I assume there was a plastic piece or something that the line screwed into. Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this and where I can get the parts to do so. The trim motor operates fine, but the tilt :confused: wont work because all of the fluid leaked out.

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: 89 125 Force Hydraulic Trim

If it is the line that goes to the top of the tilt cylinder, the fitting is brass, it corrodes and fall off. Inverted flare fitting,should be a stainless steel band that the fitting screws into. Look for fitting at hyd shop, new from dealer about 40.00 US for band and fitting.

brmoore

Cadet

Thanks for the reply.It is the line goes into the top of the tilt cylinder. Do you happen to know a part #. If not you have given me enough info. Thanks

garycinaz

Recruit

my motor will only go down but not up, what can be the cause?

RRitt

Captain

if the motor does not spin then check relays. if the motor spins then check fluid level.

FEFIFOFUM

Cadet

my motor will only go down but not up, what can be the cause?

Sounds like the same problem with my force tilt trim. The motor is all the way down to the ground and wont raise up. I am goint to try putting more fluid in if I can manage it with the motor down. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks ron

notsunkyet

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if the motor does not spin then check relays. if the motor spins then check fluid level.

hey Ritt .... if the stainless lines are siezed in the aluminum housing of the trim pump how do ya get em out? ive tried heat, line wrench, brake fluid, penetrating oil... i hate to break the off and then get more serious to remove them......and if i do that the stainless lines are tough to have made and near impossible to find repop... any thing im missing?

the reason is the engine will slowly drop down from fully tilted up.

RRitt

Captain

hey Ritt .... if the stainless lines are siezed in the aluminum housing of the trim pump how do ya get em out? ive tried heat, line wrench, brake fluid, penetrating oil... i hate to break the off and then get more serious to remove them......and if i do that the stainless lines are tough to have made and near impossible to find repop... any thing im missing?

the reason is the engine will slowly drop down from fully tilted up.

cut them as close to nut as possible. Use a six sided socket and vinegar. replace with Kunifer tubing and brass fittings.

slow drop is your valve body. rebuild or replace. your tubes being stuck is galvanic corrosion. typical culrpit is saltwater but can also be acidic or polluted water combined with deteriorating anode. You'll want to check your vavle body ports for thread damage. You're looking for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 tunrs of thread. if not then you may want to consider thread repair or vb replacement.