thanks deerdog

yesterday i was fiddling with the old force and found out a few things. the pee hole had an acorn in it,(how it got in there i dont know) works fine, i also decided to clean the carbs. i found what apearred to be bark or somethign similar in the float bowl. maybe the engine was starving for fuel? it runs good now and after a trip home i will put it in st catherines sound to see how she handles. one other thing, what is the normal idle range on these engines? i appreciate the info you have given me.the pictures you speak of at the pass and permit ,its not me. im still waiting for jaws before i post one. and again thank you.

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: thanks deerdog

I'm not sure about Force engines but most O/B's idle at 800-900 rpms in gear and moving (not anchored or tied up).<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

Deerdog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: thanks deerdog

Super!!<br /><br />Glad it worked out for you. An acorn?? I seen things like mud dauber nests and a snake but never an acorn. It is amazing what can get in the carb bowls. What you saw may not be bark but rather a "gunk" that results from being left too long and not cleaned like you did. I still would run some Quick Kleen through it at a minimum though. It will smoke like hell initially but runs great after. Clean the plugs after you do it.<br /><br />Hooty is right on the idle. My 150 idles between 750 and 800. Would imagine yours is about the same or close to it. <br /><br />Best of luck to you this summer. I will be down in Hinesville the first week of June pig hunting with some frineds<br /><br />Take Care<br />Deerdog