Winner 1850 CC Deck Drainage or Bilge pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dflynnatc

Recruit
Experiencing oddity with boat collecting rain water. Anyone experience this? Boat sits on lift. Even if no more water drains when plug is out. Plug back in... when boat enters water it 'lists' to stern and water seems to rush into the live well in deck. boat sits VERY low in stern and even submerges transom at engine. Pumping and baling eventually have positive effect and boat eventually sit appropriately. Boat purchased two seasons ago , and have had it occur couple of times. with very little documentation from PO. There is no active bilge pump on boat ... as said, it was either on trailer or on lift. So wasn't worried about the bilge. Is that the only issue? Anyone know of OEM plumbing diagrams for live wells/bilge etc?

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander
Well, you got to have a bilge pump in any case.

Sounds like your fore is sitting too low when on the lift, allowing rainwater to collect there.

shaw520

Chief Petty Officer
As stated above a GOOD bilge pump is a must have no matter how your boat is stored,... also boat must be stored bow high,..most times higher than you think,...you may also have a thru drain in one of the bulk heads that is clogged and not allowing water to go aft.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would take your boat to get weighed. if it sits too low, you could have water soaked foam and be carrying hundreds of pounds of water

Brob

Recruit
I have a 1986 1850 CC and as far as I know there's no foam in the hull to get waterlogged. As everyone has stated, a bilge pump is a must.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I have a 1986 1850 CC and as far as I know there's no foam in the hull to get waterlogged. As everyone has stated, a bilge pump is a must.
Stop posting in old inactive topics

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.