pictures of my winner viscount project

mikey46

Cadet
Hi, thought i would share a few pics of my viscount rebuild, its been a long road but its nearly there!

Attachments

• photo236596.jpg
    photo236596.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 2
  • photo236597.jpg
    photo236597.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo236598.jpg
    photo236598.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 2
  • photo236599.jpg
    photo236599.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 2
  • photo236600.jpg
    photo236600.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 4

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Hi, thought i would share a few pics of my viscount rebuild, its been a long road but its nearly there!

Looks like you put some serious time and money into that project and it looks really good. :thumb:

mikey46

Cadet
Hi gm280, thanks for your comment, it has taken much longer than i first thought, and a lot more money, i didn't realize how expensive boat parts are until i decided to rebuild one!! I was advised by Bondo not to use a modular v8 but i did anyway as I had a spare one, but that meant many many hours making custom parts and adapters.

Mo1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Looking good Mike way to stay with it. I bet you can't wait to get it in the water

mikey46

Cadet
Hi Mo1, thanks, I got it in the water briefly at the end of last year to make sure it sat nice but am now about ready to have some fun in it! the rest of the restoration will be done as i use it.

mikey46

Cadet
ok, just thought people would not visit an old thread and it is a link to a lot more pictures.

jbcurt00

Staff member
In many cases, seeing pix alone isnt too valuable, esp of static pix of a project any given point.

Seeing a boat taken from derelict, to gutted and thru the rebuild can be significantly more valuable.

Descriptions of whats shown in a pix is also extremely helpful.

Folders on a remote drive filled w 20-50 each pix is less likely to be viewed then an old topic. It would take forever to view them all, rather then a handful of relevent pix posted w good descriptions.

Thats why I prefer having the pix IN the post rather then attachments that have to be viewed or opened individually.

Hence the limited comments/replies. Buried in the Winner boats topic isnt helping w the traffic either.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
sounds like an interesting project.

kind of cool to be on the bleading edge converting a ford Mod motor, however I dont believe its J1171 compliant with starter, alternator, or ignition

couldnt tell on the exhaust if those are water-jacketed or not.

mikey46

Cadet
Hi jbcurt00, i can see your point, seemed like a good and helpful idea at the time, sorry.

Hi scott, the exhausts are water jacketed, the alternator wont comply but has been ignition guarded in the same way as a marine one, i couldn't see any significant difference between the starter and a mercruiser one i have,
the ignition system will out perform the requirements of the regulations in physical terms but because it was not designed for marine use will not comply due to the lack of j certifications. the conversion of the whole system to marine use was done in a very cautious way.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
its the spark arresting nature that I was refering to. unlike the car the 4.6 was pulled from where any fuel vapors just dissapate, in a boat they collect.

not using J1171 compliant electrical components is like lighting a fuse

I do not see the mesh spark arresting screen on the alternator
fetch

mikey46

Cadet
that's from an early video, the screen was installed towards the back end of last year when i made the back seat and so enclosed the engine.