Mercruiser Outdrive Question

Tonkatoytaco

Cadet
Alright im semi new to the boating world, and new to this thread but have been looking at it alot lately and getting great information off of it. So thanks for that and that being said I need a little help from fellow members. I bought a 1992 Wellcraft Eclipse 216, has a 5.7L 350 mag with an Alpha One outdrive. I noticed today that on the very lower part of the outdrive there are what im assuming hydraulic lines going from the power trim to the mouth that goes into the boat they look to be Stainless Steel. Where these line connect into the boat part looks like a bunch of white stuff all over the place and its also on the rollers on the trailer in the same spot. Can someone help me with this? Is this a problem and how do I go about fixing it? And what exactly is it? Thanks in advance.

MolsonCanadian

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Mercruiser Outdrive Question

A picture would help. Hard to determine what you mean by "white stuff"

Tonkatoytaco

Cadet
Re: Mercruiser Outdrive Question

A picture would help. Hard to determine what you mean by "white stuff"

My appologies I should have posted some up. But what I did was clean it all off and see if it happens again and if it does where its coming from to try and narrow it down. If it does happen again I will post some pics up .Thank you though