Wellcraft Excel 21sx Snap on cover

tablerock21sx

Recruit
I've owned this boat less than a year. Its my first boat and I know no one with a Wellcraft. Its a 1996 Wellcraft Excel 21sx. It looks like there was previously a snap on bow cover and snap on cockpit cover. The guy I bought it from never gave me the cover. First, is there any way to tell if it was a factory cover or aftermarket? Second, factory or aftermarket, is there some way to get a template to have a new one made. Sure seems like it would be insanely nice to have that. My boat sits on a lift on our dock behind the house. The cheap walmart boat cover that came with it is very inconvenient to put on. If any one has any advice on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a million either way.

ray72

Recruit
Re: Wellcraft Excel 21sx Snap on cover

I have very similar story. I'm owner of Wellcraft Excel 21SX 3 months only and it is my first boat.
See attached photos for covers. I have home made covers and in my opinion it is the esiest way to get covers.
If you want, I will make dimensions diagram from my covers for you.
What kind of engine your boat has and what size and pitch propeller? And what is boat max speed and engine RPM by that?

21sx_1.jpg21sx_2.jpg

tablerock21sx

Recruit

It has the 5.0fl. It came with a banged up 19p 3 blade michigan wheel prop and it was maxing out at 46 mph@5100. I put a 23p solas 3 blade aluminum and it runs 52 mph@4500. Something I want to be clear is that this is just my wife and I, cooler of beer, and 2 life jackets in the boat. Also, we live on a lake with over 800 miles of shoreline and wait until all the weekenders are gone so that is on GLASS water. I want to try other props. I almost think a 21p would be best for over all. Thank you so much for your reply.

Rog73

Recruit

I have a 96 21sx with 5.0. Do you happen to have any photos of the latch that holds down the engine bay cover? I have owned this boat for less than a year and it was gone when I purchased the boat.

ray72

Recruit

I have a 96 21sx with 5.0. Do you happen to have any photos of the latch that holds down the engine bay cover? I have owned this boat for less than a year and it was gone when I purchased the boat.

Unfortunately my boat do not have this latch too. I bought it without them.