Restoring an old friend

Finally last week I took my 1987 WellCraft 190 Classic to get repaired from a terrible floor and upholstery job back in 2005. Listen to a friend he suggested a friend of his that did boat upholstery and said, "He would take care of me". I got so ripped off it wasn't funny. Found out that after two years (2007) that the floor was soft all over and the seats were not holding up. :facepalm: Guess who didn't use marine plywood and who vanished when I tried to get in touch with them when it all went bad. Fast forward to now, finally found a shop who specializes in floor and stringer repair and took the boat to them for the first stage of getting it right. This fall I will be returning the interior to the factory look, I have tracked down a good shop for the job, who has experience in boats. If all goes well I will be updating the dash from the "inverted hockey stick" to sleeker looking modern gauges. Going Friday to check on the progress of the floor and will try to take some pics and post. Wish me luck, a big investment for a great boat. :)

Attachments

• 190 classic 2.jpg
    190 classic 2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 190 classic.jpg
    190 classic.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 0

mohead1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Restoring an old friend

Cool, I have a 210 Classic, '88 vintage, and have done some odds and ends to her, but its a great boat. It looks just like yours except a little longer...mine still has the original interior and its in very good condition, someone took care of it....one small soft spot back behind the right rear seat, Im dealing with it, but someday will do the floor too.....right now....running it !!

Re: Restoring an old friend

Well, finally I found an upholstery guy that I feel comfortable with. It is time to restore the upholstery to the factory colors, I got a chance to see a boat he was working on and I am impressed with what he can do. He has had the boat for a week now and stated that the job will take three weeks. So ready to get back to the water with it but will have to make a few more stops before then. Fluids need to be changed and a tune up, carb adjusted and the finally a good buff and detail. Will post pics when done.