Wellcraft Excel 21 SL - cuddy question

jrmkmbrown

Recruit
We just purchased our boat and I have tried and tried to make the cushions make into a flat bed and I can not figure it out. Is there someone that can help me make it work? The manual that came with this boat was more of a "boating manual" than a manual on the actual boat.

Thanks!
DSCF8789.jpg

Last edited:

belangst

Cadet
Re: Wellcraft Excel 21 SL - cuddy question

My parents had one of these boats when they first came out. If my memory serves me, the two cushions that are on the lower part simply move up and sit on those vertical pieces that wrap around the v-berth. I don't see the middle cushion in your picture. The middle piece simply is supported by the two two other pieces. If you look at your picture, there is a little white plastic piece. The middle cusion sits on that plastic piece. I may have a 35mm picture of it somewhere (before the days of digital pics).

danosmith

Recruit

Hey, I just bought a 1995 Excel 21 SL this winter. I have had trouble with the cushion layout also. Did you figure out how to do it? Did the lower cushions move up as the other poster said? I'm away from home right now - but will try to adjust the lower cushions up when I get home. Do you have an owners manual? I want to know how to operate the porto-potty. Or remove it, I really don't need it. Have a great day! sqltech@Yahoo.com

kenny7964

Cadet

I have one of these boats, from the picture you have 3 hard back cushions missing.
They are about 10 inches wide and bridge over the top of the two lower cushions.

HeloMech

Seaman

Old thread, but curious if anyone ever came up with a correct layout for these crazy cushions?

Raymondo2013

Recruit

Looks like you may be missing 3 cushions. I have attached some photo's for you.
Enjoy

Attachments

• Making the Bed 1.jpg
    Making the Bed 1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Making the Bed 2.jpg
    Making the Bed 2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Making the Bed 3.jpg
    Making the Bed 3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 12
  • Making the Bed 4.jpg