Scupper Drain question for GatorMike

Joey805

Cadet
Hey Mike,

If you're out there, I could use some help. I was reading your posts about the wellcraft 190ccf scupper drain problem. I just bought a 1997 190ccf last week and took it out for my first run this weekend. A half hour of running around and I had a gallon or so of water in the bilge.

How did you end of fixing your scuppers? I pulled the panel on the starboard side and it looks like I'm getting some leakage where from the seal around the through hull drain fitting. I'm sure its probably leaking from the scupper as well but I haven't pulled that out yet.

I know you mentioned about replacing the scuppers but the ended up breaking again so what did you do to fix them long term?

Thanks,

The new Wellcraft owner, Joey

GatorMike

Ensign
Re: Scupper Drain question for GatorMike

Sorry I didn't see your question until now. Don't know if you determined you had the scupper problem or not or if you fixed it already but here is some information. The easiest way to tell if those scuppers are broken is to look at the two round deck drains at the rear of the boat. The scuppers have a small white ball about the size of a ping pong ball in them that acts as a check valve. Look into the holes in those drains and if you can see the ball the scuppers are in tact. If you can't see the balls chances are the scupper drains are broken.

I replaced the rigid rubber hoses that go from the scupper drains to the outside of the hull with a more flexible hose and have had no more problems with mine breaking.