Need information on my boat

btcox123

Cadet
I recently purchased a used boat, Most of the information is illegible. I attempted to contact the OEM but phone is no longer in service, and no response from my emails.
I would like to know exactly what model I have, and the maximum number of persons, gear, HP, etc.
1988 VIP HIN VVN9V556B888 (registration list it as 19' 6")
what I can make out of the model number is (x = illegible) 19x0 xx
The vessel is powered by a 4.3l OMC Cobra I/O
I attempted researching on my own, But NADA nor iboats listings were very comforting.
Thanks,
Benjamin
3kd3o73l7ZZZZZZZZZ94gbb8cbe9124341d25.jpg

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need information on my boat

You can purchase omc repair manuals for thr engine model. Your title and registration should have manufacture and model information to go on. Many boat manufactures are out of business, but many have merged with others. I have contacted the manufacture of the boat I purchased Last year. I was shocked to find out how little information was known about past models by the current factory service manager. Hope you find what you need, good luck.

btcox123

Cadet

The engines data plate is their but faded, I have no idea what model it is. The foot however has the information plate and it was stamped.
Thanks for the reply.
Benjamin

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

Looking on the NADA site, it looks like your boat is the 1988 VIP 1950 SS Victory model. It is 175 HP and has a weight of 2210 LBS.The beam is 7"4''.

btcox123

Cadet

If any of you other VIP owners out there have the same model, could you let me know what the maximum occupant and and maximum weight capacity is?
Thanks for the reply
Benjamin

rickryder

Commander

1987 VIP 1950 Victory Super Sport - Bowrider
Length 18' 8'' / Beam - 7' 4''
Boat Details

Beam 7 ft 4 in Dry Weight 2300 lbs

Hull Material Fiberglass Hull Shape Deep Vee

Engine Stern Drive Fuel Gas/Petrol

Horsepower (total) 175-205 Fuel Capacity 28 gal

SS model is sundeck interior seating

This was all I could find on that boat. This is good reading too http://www.caddoboats.com/company.html

btcox123

Cadet

Thank you, This is defiantly a step in the right direction.
Benjamin

rickryder

Commander

Check with Caddo Boats. I think they could supply you with the info your looking for. Good luck and let us know how you make out :)

btcox123

Cadet

The phone number on Caddo's web site is no longer in service. Also no response to my email. CBRep has not posted in a long time, Looks like I am at the will of iboat's members, possible one having my exact model.
Thanks,
Benjamin

Jamie4761

Recruit

I have one almost just like yours. I think the only difference may be the year model. Were you able to find any more info? Mine says it seats 10. I'm gonna try to load some pics soon. It looks awful right now. My grandfather bought it new and a guy was gonna redo the upholstery and let it sit outside uncovered for way too long. So I have alot of work to do to it.