1973 VIP "W16" Owners' Manual

DavidK

Cadet
Hey All, I cleaned out my newly aquired VIP this morning and ran across an old Ziploc bag full of goodies....some antique looking buss fuse cases (with fuses), a few small wrenches, a screw driver, the original 1973 Johnson Sea Horse Owners' Manual, my Byrd brand trolling motor serive manual, but no "Genuine 1973 VIP model W16 Bassmaster Owners' Manual"! I'm grateful that I have as much literature as I do on the boat already, but feel that I am missing the big piece. Anyone know where I can get ahold of a replica (or Original) Owners' manual for my boat? I'd kinda like to have one so I can use it to ressurect the standard features of the boat. Thanks in advance!

BIGDAVEHUDDY

Recruit
Re: 1973 VIP "W16" Owners' Manual

Hi,

I just picked up my fathers old 1973 VIP, but I can not figure out what model it is. Is there any way to figure this out? It is a try-hull with an open bow and a 1974 85 horse power mercury. Is there somewhere on the boat that you can find a model tag. I did get the original motor repair manual which is pretty neat it has pretty much every motor from the 1970's.

Just courious.