1993 Vanguard Barretta

Raist11

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1993 Vanguard Barretta

Just thought I'd chime in. Just found this group as I was searching information on our new boat. I use the term "new" very loosely. It's a 1974 Vanguard with a Mercury 402 (at least that's on the engine). I've tried finding information on these boats without luck, other than they were built in Winnipeg, MB. Mine has TRII on the dash, no idea what that is for.

I've got some work ahead of me, the floor is soft so obviously will have to cut into that. The transom has a crack in it as well. But it was the better half's family boat when she was a kid so it's important to her. :) And well I love the looks of it with it's curved windshield so looking forward to it.

I suppose the one positive is this boat has very few hours on it. She says they didn't use it a whole lot. And it hasn't been used since she was in grade 12... which was like 20yrs ago. Her Dad had it out on the lake a couple weeks ago and decided to go bigger so I took it off his hands.

So, wish me luck!

Yar.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi guys and welcome to iboats!

I haven't been posting much but I have been following.

treetall - I agree that they are great ski, tubing and kneeboard boats but do not make a large enough wake for wakeboarding or extreme tubing!

Raist - I don't know anything about your particular model (TRII). I would love to see a picture of her! I am sure your wife will be really happy when it is all done.

Speaking of which, I redid the floor and stringers on my Vanguard when I bought it. A must do is read the Hull Extension thread by Oops. I learned almost everything I needed to do the entire job on there! I had never done fiberglass work before!
If I were to do it again, I would pull the cap off and do the transom too. It adds a fair amount of work but doing it all at once is the way to go.

Cheers guys and have fun with the projects!!

Yar.

mijade

Recruit

hello all, we have a vanguard boat regal model 17.5 feet, 4.3 mercury inboard we have had it for about 5 years. It is our first boat and have been very happy with it. I found a couple in i think midland ontario who have info on all kind of boats, for a fee i was able to get an original brochure for vanguard boats emailed to us. If interested look up boating with the dawsons.