Bayliner Trophy 1952 WA questions

geekgiant

Cadet
After posting my livewell question, I realized I have a whole host of others about my boat:

• I want to buy one of the optional seats for the motor cover. Anybody know where I can find one? OEM has them available for $1k...
  • Any recommendations for a kicker bracket? The integrated swim step is great, but I want a kicker
  • Anybody mounted a through hull? I am using a trolling plate and I think I get a lot of prop wash so thinking about upgrading my transducer. Where did you mount yours? Any access issues?
  • Anybody able to share performance numbers for the 3.0 Merc?
  • Anybody swapped the 4.3 in for the 3.0? Would love to have a bit more juice.
  • Anybody added a hard top? If so, what considerations should I make? I'm 6'8, so having head room is vital.
  • Any other tips/tricks for this boat?

Thanks for any help and/or resources.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bayliner Trophy 1952 WA questions

welcome.

I've no first hand knowledge of your boat but a couple thoughts that I can speak to generally.

I wouldn't bother with a kicker, unless you want for a backup especially if you plan on using your boat for swimming as well as fishing - don't want to interfere with the full back end area you have.

If you get a kicker, do you still have to worry about prop wash, thus not needing a new transducer?

Need a pic for the optional seat. If its just a pad, build your self even if basic seat with a back probably still could. Look at post #127-130 for the build, then 144 and 145 for finished product.

Never seen a hardtop on one. I just made a real tall bimini for mine; Go to post #102-104. http://forums.iboats.com/boat-resto...air/carver-2357-montego-rebuild-636177-5.html

geekgiant

Cadet

I appreciate the thought and I definitely have considered making one. I'm not crafty enough to feel like I'm doing a quality job. Here's a local boat for sale that has the bench seat I'm talking about: 2005 Trophy 1952

And, I already asked if he would sell just the seat, but he wouldn't :rolleyes:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

if you have a saw and a staple gun and can use both - it's way easy and looking at that one would be probably $300 in material if you went high dollar. There's folks on here that could get it built for $50.

On mine, I built the base and attached the foam. Since I had two colors, some extra cuts and wanted a nice finish on it I took it to an upholstery shop but that one you show looks basic enough to just wrap and staple. That one appears to not have a wood base, which would take a sewing machine.