2008, 2352 wa, raw water pump on alternate water pickup, mercruiser 5.0mpi

Nmoneill

Recruit
Howdy Trophy owners! My first post here , I have read, lurked on this site and am very impressed with the level of DIY owners out there.
I am 5' 11" 177 lbs. and I find I am at least 17 times too big to get the six bolts , holding the raw water pump together on the engine. Short of cutting a hole thru the bottom , or pulling the engine has anyone here had any success with getting at the pump to change out the impeller ?

Thanks
Neil

Nmoneill

Recruit
Re: 2008, 2352 wa, raw water pump on alternate water pickup, mercruiser 5.0mpi

After some serious second thought I have come to the conclusion that my first two methods, considered, would have left
Me with an unacceptable bill to return to operational status .
Slack off the belt , lose the fuel filter, alternator and whatever else is in my way, take pump to bench , draw picture before pulling impeller , dish soap qapplication , reverse all of the above and take a nap.

Neil

Nmoneill

Recruit

Well I completed the impeller swap out and it was made doable with the following post

www.iFourWinns.com • View topic - How to change impeller in '07 Merc 350 MAG MPI w/ Bravo 3

I thank the author , mine went the same as yours

In my Trophy 2352 there is not enough room for more than one hand and to see what you are doing with both eyes. I love

the boat but I have been told by a marine mechanic that this is a job he wouldn't do for any money. Thats a stretch and I

think when I do it the next time it will be much easier.

Good luck with yours .

Neil

pjumper

Cadet

I feel your pain, an oil change for me means bruised arms and sore ribs. I replace spark plugs by feel. compression test is out of the question. I love my boat, but would trade better access to the engine for less fish box on the deck.