How i spent this season

dadsaway

Seaman Apprentice
In the past calendar year I lost three people that were very close to me and often spent time out on water with us. That being said, I spent the balance of the late summer and into the fall enjoying good friends and family. My '96 2002FF Trophy served me well in pursuit of my passion to be enjoying the outdoors on the back bays of southwest Long Island, New York. Cushions that cover the live well and the step into the boat, along with cushioned backrests behind the rear seats transforms a great fishing boat into a great social boat. A few cold beers, good conversations, and a ton of laughs makes for memories that get shared for years. This weekend my daughter is home from college and we'll try and surprise some porgies and sea bass. Great memories. My point to this thread is I sincerely hope everyone has enjoyed their Trophy boats as I have mine and make some of your own great memories. My opinion, it really doesn't get any better. Calm seas and tight lines to all.

NWFisher

Cadet
Re: How i spent this season

Hi dadsaway,
Loss of close people hits deep. I can empathize because I've been there too. For me it resulted in personal reflection and reprioritization of what's truly important.
It was a good year, thank you! I'm glad in at least some ways yours was too. I became unemployed in May. Some called it retirement which is partially right but better described as unemployed and seeking work. I don't miss the consternations of being a manager and decision maker in a failing business! That was not fun and is now out of my life, thank goodness! Life has been really good since with the time to do what I so much enjoy, boating and fishing!
We have a year 2000 model 2002 Trophy. I keep it in top shape (including the trailer), it's decorated with top notch equipment and in return it provides trouble-free and stress-free service! It's a remarkable boat that brings me and the family great satisfaction well beyond the investment of time and money (in today's vernacular priceless comes to mind). Add to that one of the best years of saltwater fishing in my lifetime and coupled with the freedom to leverage it, it's not difficult to understand why this has been a remarkable year!
NWFisher

armycopter

Cadet

Thank you, what a great thread. I returned to boating this year with my 2002 WA purchased this past spring. I had always had much smaller boats so there has been a little bit of a learning curve but a fun learning curve.

I have a 13 and an 11 year old. I wanted to keep them outdoors as much as possible this summer and the boat helped me achieve that. They loved it almost as much as I did. This boat is so versatile.

We took it island hopping in Casco Bay (Maine). We took it on a coastal cruise to Kennebunkport (from Saco River which is about 1.5 hours one way) for a wonderful lunch with my wife. We tried our hand at deep sea fishing over tantas ledge and even caught some keeper haddock (I hadn't been fishing in YEARS). We took the boat snorkeling and SCUBA diving with family and friends. We also took the kids tubing on several local lakes. I even took one of my customers out for an evening cruise down the Saco River (he was visiting from Germany and has sailed across the Atlantic several times).

Our family has had so much enjoyment from this boat and the kids even stopped playing video games! I am very pleased with my purchase and of course now I am (kind of) looking for something slightly bigger... maybe the 23 foot trophy!

dadsaway

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you both NWFisher and armycopter for those terrific responses. It's just great to hear how others are enjoying their time out on the water with family and friends. We just took out my wife's high school friend and her husband last weekend and saw a seal, blue heron, migrating birds, etc. Hard to imagine that twelve years ago we watched the smoke coming from the downed towers and now we see Tower One standing tall
. I wish you all continued enjoyment and safe boating for years to come. Just keep making the memories. They are priceless.

armycopter

Cadet

I was at the ground zero memorial on Sunday. It was incredible. I wish we had more time to spend there.