1996 Trophy Cuddy Walkaround 2002 has a leak

offthegrid

Recruit
Found some loose fiberglass in my fish aerator (located under the side step) after a hard rain when the boat was on the trailer uncovered. Poking around inside the aerator there is wet wood under the step area. Looking at the windsheild the plastic strip that covers the screws that attach it to the hull seems sun damaged, and or some sealer is missing. I grabbed some duck tape covered it up to see if that may be the issuse. Been dry the last few days. Rain tonight\tomorrow. Any ideas on where the water may be coming from?

sidenberg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1996 Trophy Cuddy Walkaround 2002 has a leak

i guess your talking about the live bait tank? Im not aware of any wood in this area either. But the opening hatch for the live bait tank compartment does not seal very good and water from the topside that runs passed this area will usually get inside.

offthegrid

Recruit
Re: 1996 Trophy Cuddy Walkaround 2002 has a leak

I took the hatch off and re-sealed around it. I think your right that I will still get some water from around the hinge side. Looks like the bait tank has a gap between the tank top and the boat that will need some sealer also. On another note does anyone know where I can find parts for a older Tropy, 1996? Need to replace my swim platform and would like to not drill more holes in my hull, so looking for the same type, as original. It was made by us marine. Found a used one for sale, but would prefer new.