Fish On Sports radar arch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdragon

Cadet
Well I'm picking up my new to me 2002 tomorrow. I'd like to add a radar arch and the FOS ones seem like the best bang for the buck. Does anyone have one on their trophy? I can't decide between the UNI or the Sport and was hoping someone here might have advice or better yet some pictures to post.
Thanks,
Josh

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fish On Sports radar arch

Well congrats on the boat! as for the radar arch have no clue... although one in the future would be a nice addition to my sled. happy holidays to ya

gdragon

Cadet

Thanks. Unfortunately I'm watching my new boat getting snowedon right now. Will almost definitely get the Fish On arch. I'll post pics when I get it on.

JohnNJ

Seaman Apprentice

Let us know how you like the quality and durability, I would like one for my 2002 WA !

John

gdragon

Cadet

Mine is installed. It's definitely not a welded custom arch but for the money I'm very happy with it. I wouldn't pull a skier with it or anything but for my purposes I consider it money well spent. Installation was easier than I thought as well.

arch.jpg

JohnNJ

Seaman Apprentice

It looks great on your boat! What exact model did you order?

What I worry about most is how solid is it, If you have a few people holding on to it as your cutting through waves do you think it will hold up?

Thanks

John

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

wow! that looks great! can you take some more shots closer and some joint and connecting shots

gdragon

Cadet

I got this package and added one extra set of light mounts. I'll try to get some pics before I go to work.
Thanks for the compliments.

JohnNJ

Seaman Apprentice

It really looks great! I called the company and asked about the arch "flexing" he said he has had some problems with Trophy's and a few other WA's. They sell an additional piece to firm up the unit.

Is there a spot for your VHF antenna?

Thanks

John

gdragon

Cadet

My VHF is mounted elsewhere, you could put whatever you want on there though.

Frankie, I'll try to get some close up pics for you tomorrow.

gdragon

Cadet

Here's a couple quick ones from yesterday. LMK if you want to see anything else.

20130405_130426.jpg20130405_130434.jpg20130405_130444.jpg

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

darn that looks pretty good to me, thanks, I have a bimini and side and rear curtins do you? if you do can yo have the full encsure up w/ the arch....I leave mine up all the time

Newboatpics10-20-04-033-1-1-1.jpg

gdragon

Cadet

Yeah, when we installed it we made sure to have it clear the bimini. If you leave yours up all the time you could mount yours a couple of inches lower.

LAZAROS

Recruit

That arch looks great, I love the bolt on rod holder's so you can easily adjust the angles. I have a set of their rod holders on my Atlantic towers hard top and I love them. You also can't beat the price.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah, when we installed it we made sure to have it clear the bimini. If you leave yours up all the time you could mount yours a couple of inches lower.

thanks

dietkoke

Recruit

I plan on installing one of their arches (I have already ordered it). I was just wondering if you have any installation tips that you could pass on? For instance I am wondering about running the wiring for lights, remote GPS sensor, radar etc. I don't have radar but may in the future and I ordered two lights but may want to install one or two more at some future date. I am thinking it would be a real pain to have to run more wires after installation. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

gdragon

Cadet

Installation was very straight forward. After installing, the arch can be removed with 4 bolts and a little bit of help from a friend. Since we installed it in Pennsylvania in March taking it off and bringing it inside to do the wiring was an easy decision. I wired everything at one time, front lights, rear facing deck lights, and my stern light.

This fish tape was extremely handy for running wires:
Nylon Fish Tape - Save Big on this 50 Ft. Nylon Fish Tape

You could easily use weed whacker line and electrical tape instead though.

If you think you'll order two more lights Id say to just go for it and get it all over in one shot (you know you want to) but honestly it is no big deal to pull a couple of screws and drop the whole arch down. That or just wire everything with it up in place.

I would definitely suggest though that if you think you'll be adding radar or extra lights you might as well just run an extra wire now. That way you can use it to pull radar cables/wires through at a later time.

LMK if you have any questions. Please post some pics when you're done as well. Have fun.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Well I purchased the Capt. package with LED lights and anchor light as well. All I can say is Wow, I love it. Great money spent. Have 2 lights in rear and am purchasing 2 more for front

Attachments

• photo248047.jpg
    photo248047.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo248048.jpg
    photo248048.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 0
  • photo248051.jpg
    photo248051.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo248052.jpg
    photo248052.jpg