• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

'09 2152..Kicker motor reccomendations?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '09 2152..Kicker motor reccomendations?

Hello all..Last fall I bought a 2009 2152 and want to mount a kicker on it in a big way. The reason for having the kicker is for walleye fishing. Anyone have any reccomendations on mounts and/or motors? Any special considerations I should be aware of when moutning the bracket? I am looking at the 2010 9.8 HP Tohatsu 4 stroke (20" shaft). I can get it for $1780 delivered..it is tiller steer, mannual tilt. Is this a good price?

Also considering the Garelick mount for 4 strokes.

Will the tiller steer be workable? I have heard of guys locking the kicker strait and using the outdrive as a "rudder"..has anyone tried this?

What kind of set ups do you guys run?

thanks!

Re: '09 2152..Kicker motor reccomendations?

I have a 1802 trophy and I mounted a 8 hp honda with a extra long shaft This set up works great because I do not have to lower the motor and tilt it. All I need to do is tilt it into the water.For a few dollars more I bought a new honda with 5 year warranty. What you need to watch is the travel on these motor brackets. Mine has 9 in. which I don't know would be enough with a long shaft. Ron

Comment

Working...
    X