Chart Plotter Install

Dexters dad

Cadet
I?ve just purchased a 2003 2052 and have some questions about how to install a chart plotter. First where?s the fuse block? I can?t find access to the dash panel. There is a vented metal plate on the ceiling of the cabin just behind the bump out where the dash is located but there appears to be no access panel. Second what is the pathway to route the transducer cable? Thanks for your help on this.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Ghost Chaser

Cadet
Re: Chart Plotter Install

dex,

look under your dash board and you will find the fuse block. On my 2003 the ground is on the left and the hot on the right. Run the ground straight to the block and the hot to the left or rt accessory toggle. Routing the transducer is normally done on the starboard side. If you open the back panel, stick your head in and you will feel around for some white abs tubes that you can route the cable through there, then unscrew the wash down panel for your next section of pulling, after that fish it through the access panel under your throttle, then remove the throttle & cover and finish pulling
into and behind your dash. if you don't have a hole in your upper dash, you will need to drill one to fish the power and ground through. You will also remove the white plastic cover in the cabin to get access to the back of the upper dash were you will need to pull the wires that connect to your unit. use a small chrome clam shell to cover the hole. place all covers back when finished. good luck on the install. easier than it reads if your handy. feel free to give me a shout if you need pics or more help. good luck and share your project with details and pics when you finish so moe Trophy owners can tackle upgrades and projects. I recently installed a Lowrance HDS 5 and a Garmin 440S. Cheers on your new Boat!!!!!

Ghost Chaser

Cadet

Dex,

When you remove the plastic cover, you will need to peel back some of the carpet in the upper left corner when looking up behind the dash (inside cabin).

You will see some factory wiring routed through some holes in the upper left
corner. Use these holes to route from behind your dash into the cabin and up through the upper rear dash to leave the connectors to your unit stationary and permanent.

When your finished and putting back the plastic cover, remember where you routed your wires through so you don't sever or tap a wire with a screw.

best of luck and keep us posted.

Dexters dad

Cadet

Thanks so much -- this has been a big help -- I really didn't know where to begin. Once installed I'll post a picture