• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trophy 1952 vs. 2052

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy 1952 vs. 2052

I am pretty new to boating. I have a bayliner 185 bowrider and it is great in lake washington and on calm days in puget sound. my wife and i want to explore the sound a bit more so are looking for a more stable boat, but not too big as we have limited storage. I do not fish, but really like the rugged nature of the trophy's. I will probably try my hand at fishing and crabbing, but my wife and i will mainly use it for cruising the sound with an occasional overnight or two.
    My question is this. How do the two boats handle in rough water? I do not plan on going out when it is nasty, but know that we will eventually get caught by surprise and have to deal with it. I worry that the 1952 is a bit small, but read that it handles pretty well. Will there be much of a difference between the two
    I have also read that the 1952 "fishtails" at low speed. Does this make it difficult to handle at low speed? Finally, I have read that the shallow deadrise of the 1952 may provide a harsh ride at speed in choppy water.
    I would truly appreciate any and all information!
    hopeless in seattle ...

Re: Trophy 1952 vs. 2052

Well, I am not neutral here since I have a 2006 mod 2052.

I am verry happy with that boat i rough water, and would go for the 2052(Now 2152) since:

Deadrise is 19 degrees (17 on 1952)
    LOA 21'7" instead of 19'1".

A longer boat normally behaves better in rough waves than a shorter boat.
    2 degrees deadrise is quite a big difference.

Good luck with your decision

Trophy 2052, mod 2006, 1.7l CMD, Norway

Comment

Re: Trophy 1952 vs. 2052

Longer boat and deeper deadrise will make for a smoother ride, and easier handling in rough water...

Comment

Working...
      X