• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trophy 1952 vs. 2052

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy 1952 vs. 2052

I am pretty new to boating. I have a bayliner 185 bowrider and it is great in lake washington and on calm days in puget sound. my wife and i want to explore the sound a bit more so are looking for a more stable boat, but not too big as we have limited storage. I do not fish, but really like the rugged nature of the trophy's. I will probably try my hand at fishing and crabbing, but my wife and i will mainly use it for cruising the sound with an occasional overnight or two.
    My question is this. How do the two boats handle in rough water? I do not plan on going out when it is nasty, but know that we will eventually get caught by surprise and have to deal with it. I worry that the 1952 is a bit small, but read that it handles pretty well. Will there be much of a difference between the two
    I have also read that the 1952 "fishtails" at low speed. Does this make it difficult to handle at low speed? Finally, I have read that the shallow deadrise of the 1952 may provide a harsh ride at speed in choppy water.
    I would truly appreciate any and all information!
    hopeless in seattle ...

Re: Trophy 1952 vs. 2052

Well, I am not neutral here since I have a 2006 mod 2052.

I am verry happy with that boat i rough water, and would go for the 2052(Now 2152) since:

Deadrise is 19 degrees (17 on 1952)
    LOA 21'7" instead of 19'1".

A longer boat normally behaves better in rough waves than a shorter boat.
    2 degrees deadrise is quite a big difference.

Good luck with your decision

Trophy 2052, mod 2006, 1.7l CMD, Norway

Comment

Re: Trophy 1952 vs. 2052

Longer boat and deeper deadrise will make for a smoother ride, and easier handling in rough water...

Comment

Working...
      X