Tr-21 chine walk

I just bought a 2000 model tr-21 with an 04 225hp Evinrude H.O. When I get up to about 60mph it starts chine walking really bad. I know this boat should go faster. How do I get past the chine walk or eliminate it? Any help would be appreciated. It is embarassing to have this big boat and get outrun by smaller ones.

Re: Tr-21 chine walk

I have a 2002 TR20 with a stock Yamaha 225 and I have had it up to 78 mph GPS. You need to try to put the jack-plate all the way up. You will still get chine walk when you trim it up and reach high speeds, you just have to learn to steer through it. To do this you have to counter steer back and forth as the boat is chine walking. You steer slightly left as the boat rocks right and you steer slightly right as the boat rocks left. This happens very quickly at high speeds and takes practice, but pretty soon you'll wish your boat went faster. Experiment with the trim height. When you get it trimmed too high you might be on the edge of out of control, so be careful. Always wear your life jacket and use your kill switch. A lot of people think these boats don't crash, but they can very easily if you aren't careful. Safe boating!

Mine did the something i set my jack plate 3/4 quarters the way up and it stopped just use your toggle switch while at top speed move it down as you are running

I wish that I could do that but I have a manual jack plate, I have become pretty good at driving through it. Im consistenly running 71-74 depending on water condition. The motor is almost to the bottom of the jack plate though and when I am towing it if there are any big dips in the road I am always concerned about the bottom of my motor dragging the pavement. I had a buddy tell me that I could raise it up on the jack plate and get another 5 mph out of the boat and take care of the dragging problem. Would this be a good move or would the boat be more difficult to steer?