Triton Aluminum Cracks

archie

Recruit
I have had a Triton 186 sport for three years. It developed two cracks in the metal itself (not on welded joint). The company fixed them and now less than four months later the cracks have reappeared in the same place. Anyone else have a similar problem.
I am hoping Triton will treat me right this time, as this is a great boat to fish out of and I would like to keep fishing from a Triton. However, I fear that I will be forced to change brands if this is a regular occurrence.

haulinbass

Cadet
Re: Triton Aluminum Cracks

We've sold a ton of the Triton Aluminum Boats and haven't seen this problem. Triton has great customer service, you shouldn't have any trouble having this taken care of at your dealership.

marlinpruett

Cadet

I have a Triton 2007 VT17 that developed cracks at the bottom transom area just above the trailer bunks.
The best guess was they were caused by the boat not being up on the bunks and the area where the cracks were was not supported.
Triton repaired them at no cost to me . I found these looking for a leak by filling the bilge with water,they were very small and hard to see.
I still have a leak so I'm looking for more cracks. If yours were not in a weld, exactly where did you find them?
Mike

archie

Recruit

An update to my earlier post.

Since then the cracks have been repaired and appeared again!
I must say, without revealing too many details, Triton was very good in the end.
Although it was lengthy process, I am very happy with the outcome and have no plans to buy anything in the future but a Triton.