Just got a SCREAMIN' DEAL

Drivingmad44

Cadet
I just got a SCREAMIN' DEAL, at least I hope it is.

Just picked up a 1993 Tracker Pro Deep V 16 on a Tracker Trailstar trailer with the matching Johnson Tracker 40hp motor. It has the Eagle Tracker fishfinder, hell, it even has the original Tracker Marine tires on the trailer. Live-well with working aerator. About the only thing it doesn't have is a bow mounted trolling motor. When I first brought it home it was BLACK from sitting under a tree. A little "Mean Green" cleaner, some elbow grease and now it looks like BRAND NEW!! I can't find a scratch on it ANYWHERE, not even on the keel.
I got it for $5001993 Tracker.jpg

Now comes the part that has me concerned. After running the motor for about five minutes or so, the "alarm" starts beeping intermittently, it starts out beeping then stays on (I haven't run it in this condition for too long, when the alarm stays on I shut it off). At first I thought it was an overheat alarm but the motor doesn't seem to be getting overly hot and I DO get a steady stream of water. After reading some of the threads I've seen that it COULD be a faulty float in the VRO tank.

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited: