2011 V175 combo taking on water occasionally

dude4894

Recruit
I can?t figure this out, it?s driving me nuts. I don?t know how, but my boat occasionally takes on water. More often than not the front live well fills up with water. Even if I put the plug in it fills itself up with water. The rear live well doesn?t take in as much water. In fact I don?t think I?ve ever had more than a wet bottom there but the front one completely fills up.

Normally not a drop of water comes out when I pull the plug, last night I pulled the plug and the water came rushing out. I opened up the door to the floor and there was 6 inches of water in the bottom of the boat? The only thing I can think of that?s happening is water is coming in through the live well intakes. I do typically leave the boat in the water overnight tied to the dock when we?re at lake (I don?t have a lift) and on last night?s trip it did beach it on the river for an hour or so I wonder if the current pushed water into the live well intakes. But even if that?s the case, how did all that water get in the bottom of the boat?

Anybody else having problems with water in the V175 Combo? I?m guessing (hoping) I don?t have a cracked weld or something like that as if I did I?d assume I?d take on water every time I put it in but I don?t. any suggestions what to do\look for here? I don?t feel like the live well intakes should be taking in water unless I flip the fill switch but they seem to be, and how did all that water get in the bottom of the boat?