Changing specs on Tracker website:

Bill Doyle

Cadet
I bought a new Grizzly 1860 (package boat-ie: pieced together a la carte) 2 years ago through an authorized Tracker dealership in NJ. It honestly took me the next 2 years till I could afford to have a rebuilt Merc 50 HP(with ELPT) remote OB installed which is being done as we speak. I went with a 50 since the specs on the boat had always been that it was rated for up to a 60HP OB and I felt it would be imprudent to push the envelope so to speak. Besides the fact that the marina owner from whom I bought said boat said he couldn't think of many lakes in the northern NJ area where I would even be able to "open up a motor like that" on this boat due to the power-to-weight ratio we would be talking about.
So this AM I happen to be on the Tracker website looking at this year's version of the same boat which is now rated at a maximum allowable HP rating of 40 HP!
Why would they do that?
The marina that is doing the install has already told me that the original marina should not have installed the console I got with the boat (from Tracker) so far back as I might experience undue porpoising since the seat bases I had them(original purchasing marina) install are centered(fore and aft) on either side of the rear bench. The installing mechanic's assertion was that "let's see how you make out with it this year" and that due to my "Big-Guy" status (over 300#) that I might need to move the console forward about a foot and mount the driver's seat on the floor or at least 6" forward of the center-mounted plate I currently have it sitting in. To top it all off since the original marina installed the console so far aftwards; it left inadequate space in which to mount the plate for the remote control box(which now has to be notched to allow it to be mounted to the starboard gunwale. If that is the case; I plan to have a pair of flotation pods installed aft of the transom from Beavertail products that are sold through Cabelas to offset such issues and not leave holes in my flooring from moving the console and also from not having to install another seat base on my rear bench(I think 3 bases on one bench is already pushing it!)!
All in all, I certainly have learned a lesson about buying boats-Get the motor and the boat at the same time and installed at the same dealership! This way if there is a problem THEY have to deal with it then and there!
BD

:confused: