Tracker customer service

trackerjoe86

Cadet
It is impossible to get decent customer service from both the Tracker factory or the dealers. I have a simple problem with the interior convenience lights not turning off and then draining my battery. I've contacted my local dealer in NC and I can't get a response back from them. I contacted the Bass Pro shop and they are pretty clueless and less than helpful. Last resort, I called Tracker directly. I would've been better off beating myself in the head with a hammer. I just bought this boat new this year and this is the kind of service I get?!:mad: Thank goodness it's only a minor issue and I'm praying that nothing major ever happens. Just because of the customer service I'm getting will prevent me from ever buying another Tracker boat or recommending them. Up to this point I've been pretty cordial on the phone without ranting and raving but that may change. Just curious if anyone else has had the same problem.

piperdriver

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Tracker customer service

How far from the dealer are you that you bought the boat from? It may cause you a little extra work, but GO SEE THEM IN PERSON. Stand at the service advisers desk and make it known that you are not leaving without some resolution.
This is all well and good providing you are not one of those that just want to complain about something and not actually go do anything.

By the way, my 2012 Targa had the same problem with the real lights. The dealer replaced the defective one, and all's good now.

Don't be one of those that just complain and never go fix YOUR problem, remember, it is YOUR problem.

Good luck and keep at it-----

trackerjoe86

Cadet

It took a few weeks (month) and the dealer finally sent me the replacement lights. I changed them out and all is well now. It's just beyond frustrating trying to get something defective changed that would cost them less than $20. I don't typically do a lot of bitchin' and complain' but I had to vent some frustration with these people. I've come to the point in my life that if it's not 100% correct when I get something new then I sure as heck am not going to fix it on my own or just deal with it and go on. It just blows my mind how a company and dealer would treat someone who just dropped $25k for a boat and then expect you to use them for service repair, return business or a recommendation to a friend. Other then the lights have you had any issues with your boat? So far the boat has ran great and been a lot of fun. One other thing. Change that flimsy plastic license plate holder on the trailer. Mine broke off and I had to pay for a replacement plate.

Thanks for the reply.

Elkhornsun

Cadet

I bought a 2009 Tracker Pro Guide to get the locking rod lockers and I have been trying for several months to get keys for them. I have bought 3 sets from a dealer and none of them fit. Having no success getting the entire rod lock assembly with keys either.

If I had known that I could not get customer service from the manufactuer but had to find Tracker dealers (and Bass Pro sells but by no stretch of the imagination provides after sale support) and the trouble they would have getting parts for a 4 year old boat I would have bought a Lowe or similar class of aluminum boat where the manufacturer actively supports existing owners of their boats.