Buyer Beware when dealing with Tracker.

BlxMS

Recruit
My bad experience with the Tracker Pro 165 and Tracker Marine...

I recently purchased a Tracker Pro 165. Tracker lists standard equipment to include an automotive style fuse panel. I was unable to locate the panel so I contacted my dealer and they stated it was under the console. I still could not find it.

I called Tracker support and they also stated it was under the console. It is not under the console. They advised that they would check with the manufacturing plant and email me. A hour later I was advised that it did not have a fuse panel. I responded that I was unhappy with that and that the panel was listed as standard equipment. The reply I received, "As it states at the bottom of our website in the disclaimer Prices, specifications, and features are subject to change without notice."

Buyer beware when dealing with Tracker. I can honestly say that I will not spend another penny with Bass Pro or any of its subsidiaries. I already tossed their Tracker Owner's Discount Card in the shredder.

Good Fishing!

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Buyer Beware when dealing with Tracker.

"Does not have a fuse panel"

So...the electrical system has no fuses at all? Or does it have a bunch of in-line fuses?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Did you happen to go by the dealer so they could show you where it is? Didn't you get an owners manual or did that get shredded too?

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander

Tracker is NMMA certified and there are many electrical rules they must follow. I don't know all the ins and outs anymore its been a few years since I was involved and they change rules about every 15min. I remember that the main source of power must be fused within 6" of the source (battery). I think they have to fuse other stuff like livewell pumps, bilge, etc. at the recommended size by the manufacturer of the appliance. Though inline fuses will comply. I would check it out. I have heard that tracker does only the bare minimum, thus the lower cost than other manufacturers.

BlxMS

Recruit

"Does not have a fuse panel"

So...the electrical system has no fuses at all? Or does it have a bunch of in-line fuses?

In line barrel fuses. Most of them are on the console so they are not hard to locate. I am still trying to run down the one for the trolling motor.

BlxMS

Recruit

Tracker is NMMA certified and there are many electrical rules they must follow. I don't know all the ins and outs anymore its been a few years since I was involved and they change rules about every 15min. I remember that the main source of power must be fused within 6" of the source (battery). I think they have to fuse other stuff like livewell pumps, bilge, etc. at the recommended size by the manufacturer of the appliance. Though inline fuses will comply. I would check it out. I have heard that tracker does only the bare minimum, thus the lower cost than other manufacturers.

I have located every fuse with the exception of the trolling motor.

Duroc

Cadet

The trolling motor fuse or breaker is at the battery.

jackballin

Cadet

The trolling motor fuse or breaker is at the battery.

Website says "Fuse holders w/barrel-style fuses" Maybe you got them to update it if it said fuse panel before.

Elkhornsun

Cadet

Over the years I have been surprised when a boat manufacturer, not in the Hataras class, does a good job with the wiring and provides easy access to a well organized panel. It is very rare even with power cruisers and not surprising that one is not provided in a Tracker boat that is designed to cost as little as possible and sell for less than the boats from any other manufacturer.

I found with sailboats and power cruisers that some companies had a better reputation for using quality materials and better design and manufacturing methods and actually provided support after you bought their boat. These sell at a higher price point and for the person who is going to use their boat very little it may not be the best choice.

Most people do not use their pickups for heavy hauling and towing and the manufacturers know this. Most bass boats I found when looking for a used one had fewer than 200 hours on the engine which provides an indication of how they spent most of their time in the garage and not out on the water.

One thing I noticed when replacing the tail lights on my Bass Tracker's trailer was that the manufacturer did not bother to use marine grade wire or marine grade connectors or even adhesive lined shrink connectors on the connection. Definitely not built for use on salt water.