2005 Tahoe Q4 Wiring

nepanthes

Recruit
Hello anyone and everyone that can help, I have a 2005 Tahoe Q4, and need the wiring for the navigation light Anchor light switch, can anyone please help with how this switch is supposed to be wired and where the wires go for the nav light and anchor light Thanks In advance Ken

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

The Nav light turns on the red/green nav lights and the white anchor light. One way it turns on both lights and the other should only turn on the anchor light. Can be wired by two methods, but one at the top is used most often

Note, if your red/green lights are separated then there will be a hot wire to each bulb
NavSwitchWiring DPDT.jpg

NavSwitch w diode.jpg

nepanthes

Recruit
Thanks for the post, the one question I have, is the red green light, is a single bulb, light, but has three wires running to it, one ground and two hot, according to the wiring listing, switch has jumpered out terminal between it and is a bear to figure out, I may try to get a switch like the one in the pick and replace it, to see if this works any more help is greatly appreciated, I can send a pic of this switch but may not be till later in the week

alldodge

Staff member
If you have a single bi-color light then there will only be 2 wires and a single bulb, 12V and Ground. If your boat is larger and has two lights as shown in the port and starboard lights, then each will have a 12V and ground lead.

315150.jpg