Stereo Install... 2008 Bass Tracker Pro Crappie

Bantha

Recruit
Hello All,

I am installing a new stereo unit into my boat. I need to know the wiring to the ignition switch. I would like to hook up the stereo to any existing ACC wire on the boat, and figured I would do it with a wire close to the ignition switch. I would like to save my stations etc. I have scoured the net and have come up with some mainly just misleading/incorrect information. Does anyone know what each wire color is for? After I've figured this, I can finish my install. This is my first post so I'm not able to post a pic of the switch. I need to post two more times to be able to post a pic..... so......1

Bantha

Recruit

Well I cant post a pic... It keeps asking for a URL when I'm trying to upload.... Oh well.

Last edited:

Tigosaurus

Cadet
I just joined and got some very helpful info within a very short time. First I commented on three different strings that I was interested in, but were over 90 days old and got informed by the moderators that wasn't allowed. So you had the right idea. Then none of my photo files would upload because they were always too big. I ended up going with option 3 under Photo Upload Tutorial and had no luck with Flickr. So I tried Photobucket per the instructions and worked like a charm. Kinda of a hassle, but getting info from folks with experience concerning my issue made it well worth while.