1980 Terry Pro60 with Mercury 40hp, need info on Terry

terrybb

Cadet
I have recently acquired an aluminum Terry boat, was given to me by my sister, interior of boat needed some work and she didn't want to mess with it. It's a 1980 Pro60 (15'9") with a 1980 Merc 40 (2 cyl/2 stroke) outboard. I think it is the original motor. Anyway, was wondering if anyone knows about what happened to Terry? This boat is a solid, good handling & riding boat. The work I did was that I stripped out the interior of boat until nothing but aluminum was left. Replaced wood decking on bow & stern, also replaced floor wood. I installed new outdoor carpet, stripped steering console to bare aluminum and redid it. Reused original seats as they were still in good shape. I've had a lot of people make positive comments about the boat, but most have never heard of Terry. Included some pix in case anyone wants to see. Thanks for reading...

P1020159.jpg

P1020160.jpg

P1020161.jpg

P1020162.jpg

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: 1980 Terry Pro60 with Mercury 40hp, need info on Terry

Thats a nice looker,, your missing the center on the steering wheel tho...:eek:

Sorry man, I could not help it..:D

Looks like they were only in production from 1975 to 1981. I did a Google search and did not come up with much of anything. Looks like the DELHI MFG CO was maybe a parent company out of India, not much water there.
Your boat is listed as
1980 TERRY BASS/DELHI MFG CO
PRO BASS
on NADA and when you Goolge Delhi MFG you get india companies, so that is where my assumption comes from.

No matter how you slice it, you got a real nice boat and didnt cost much so in my book thats a WIN...

If it really comes down to it you can do like my girlfriend when some guy asks what kind exhaust is on my truck, she just says its a Flowmaster 6100 or what ever number somes to her at the time and eveyone belives her.
You can tell them you built it, just dont say you designed it and your not lying..:eek:

terrybb

Cadet

Thanks for the compliment, I agree with you on the center steering thing though! Earlier today, I finally ended up taking the boat to the shop to find out why the outboard won't start. It was running pretty good except for a hard to start problem and also dying at idle. Then, a couple weeks ago, went to flush motor after a day on the water, motor wouldn't start. Anyway, I tried a number of different things to chase done the problem, but no luck. I guess sometimes, you just have to let a pro look at it. But when running good and out on the water, that old Merc would run like a raped ape!!

And by the way, I'm an Earnhardt Jr. fan, but I also have a few other favorite drivers, Biffle being one of them.

BamaCoastie

Recruit

Finally!!! Another Pro 60 owner!!! I've been searching high and low for someone else on the PLANET. Bought my Pro 60 about a month ago for $1200 from a guy who had REALLY neglected that poor boat. I also had to strip mine to the bone to rebuild it. Not done yet; I ordered a custom built livewell which is on it's way, then I'll be done for now. I'll post lots of pics later. Let me know what info you need and I'll tell you all I've found out about it and I have found out ALOT about the company, boat, etc. In exchange, I'd greatly appreciate a pic or details from the boat data placard on yours. They were made of foil and almost all of mine is gone. The only info left on mine is the word "PRO". Mine is also 15'9" approx. 65" beam. Your boat is actually rated for a 60 hp motor. Send me a message, I'd love to trade info with you!

19coupe93

Recruit

I just bought a pro 40 14footer last night. I found your post looking for info myself. How fast will yours run with that 40 on it? Im gonna put a 40 on mine, and wanted to get an idea. Thanks.

Attachments

• terry1.jpg
    terry1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
  • terry2.jpg
    terry2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1

ito12

Recruit

I'm owner of Terry pro 40 in really good condition with the original mercury 25hp. The boat is 1982 and the motor too . The only i change is the trailer now looks like new. Because i travel to diferent lakes in fl. I love this boat is my baby. Easy to handle and with the 25 runs really good. I'm the second owner of the boat. I post later some picture.