Terry Bass Boats

rkm4

Cadet
Is there anyone out there thats ever heard of Terry bass Boats ? I wish I could find someone thats heard of them, because I'd hate to think, That I'm the last person on earth that has one. Surely someone must know of somewhere I could get parts or even a picture that proves there are more than just one left. I like mine, I don't know why all the rest of them would wind up in the dumps. They should be a classic, I would think.

eyelander

Recruit
Re: Terry Bass Boats

Hi, not to worry. Their are plenty of these Terry's around.These smaller bass boats were sought after during the mid 70's to early 80's. As far as I know they were all custom made and wanted by many. If you do a little more searching on iboat you can find a guy that can give you a lot of info. Do you know what model you have? such as 450CM,460Cm? I have a 1981 450CM that is rated up to a 60 HP. The one I have has a Johnson 48 SP. This is more that enough power for my Terry. It is really fast and easy to handle and can go where the big bass boats can't. So search a little more in here and you will get some of the answers you are looking for. Hope that helps.
Eyelander

fatfenders

Recruit

yes I have a stick steer 1974 model that is close to new condition, love it!! powered with a 40 johnson as well.

storm79

Recruit

I also own a 1977 Terry bass boat by the model 4.7 mp/hp with an 85 hp mercury. It rides good but needs a few repairs to the rear deck. Does anyone know where I could find OEM style parts for the boat.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

What parts are you looking for? Boat parts are mostly generic and not specific to any one model or brand.

tmcdonah

Recruit

Terry Bass Boats are a topic I'd like to add to. I have an '81 Terry Eagle I. They are 15'6", mine is rated for 90 hp max. Blue/silver sparkle. Reminds me of 70's drum sets. The factory decals are white and orange - poor choice as a complimentary color scheme, in my opinion. But yes, I agree these boats should be revered as classics!

Most of the information I've found on Terry boats has come from iboats.

Looking forward to fishing this summer in my Eagle.

Attachments

• terryeagle.jpg
    terryeagle.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 4

Dmac420

Recruit
Any info on 14' Terry

Any info on 14' Terry

I just aquired a strange boat called a Terry. It's really cool, I've never seen anything like it. It's 13'9" and dark blue on light blue, no frills,2 seater, stick steer. It has a slight tri-hull to it and a Johnson 40hp on it. It's also on a tilt trailer I believe is factory. I don't know what year or model it is? Where can I find any info on them. What were they designed for? My boat has nothing inside like storage or live wells. I havn't gotten it running yet and my stick steer cable is bad. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Pretty much everything you need to know can be found on "this" site! They have a complete list of the Terry boats made. On a personal note: You can find out the year of your boat by serial number on the rear of boat. I was told, the last 3 digits represent the year and month made. I have a 79D. You can get the model by measuring the length and width of boat and checking the list on this site. You can also find TONS of pictures on google.

We're Here

Seaman Apprentice

I'm now the proud owner of a 1974 14' Terry that came with a Johnson 15hp, also '74. I'll put up a "before" picture. It needs a lot of work, so I need a resource like this site! Thank you!

edmcintire

Recruit

this is my 1980 it is a lot of fun and a real good boat for fishing and recreational fun

Attachments

• eds phone pics 022.jpg
    eds phone pics 022.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 4

tedcook

Recruit

I bought a '78 Terry 460CM. Has a mecery 700, 70hp outboard. I have to do some "re-storing love" but think it will all work out. I read a thread on oxidation in hull repair, have to figure that one out, it is real bad. not real sure how to properly wire the darn thing but i am sure it is not right now. Have to replace the engine stator, burned wires from too much load due to wiring issues. But am hopefull to have on water in couple months. Hope to learn a lot from all you out there, i am a new boat owner. wish me luck.

erzy88

Recruit

We jsut recently purchased a terry boat....it needs some restoring..looking good so far.
It'd be wonderful to find some parts for it or see what the original model looked like to compare to!
All the ones ive found have that inboard steering wheel...
According to my title i have a 1971 Terry Bass Boat, but can find no record of a 71 model. Also, it had nothing inboard, just the two chars, no steering wheel, which im stumped on.
Its a 15 foot fiberglass.
Any info would be great!
Thanks!

Drgnknite

Recruit
I just bought a 78 terry bass boat, I think from the posted pic I saw its a 4.7 mp/hp, its the only one with a dual console. I was womdering if there was anyone here that knew anything about the manufacture and could send me in the right directions. I believe its 15' , wondering what steering helm they used, etc, thank you very much

fryfly

Recruit
manufacturer went out of business in 1981. they were out of Louisiana (Delhi Manufacturing) and produced a very topline boat for the time. If you look at the design of the hull, many other companies, even to this day still use the same basic design on their hulls. Look at a lot of Bass Trackers........their modified front hulls look a lot like the Terry boats that were produced back in the late 70's. I own a 1977 4,7 with a 700 70 hp Mercury. what a great combination. Store them well and they will last a lifetime.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Fells - This is an old topic that keeps coming back. Please let it return to the archives and start new topics with your questions. Thanks.