Transducer location

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone know where I can find the Transducer location on the Tahoe? I'm guessing it is thru the hull since I do not have anything on the stern of the boat. I took a quick glance at the bottom of the boat and didn't see anything wondering if it could be under on of the boards on the trailer.

My issue is my depth finder flashes, when traveling 20+ MPH, and when the water depth is over 25'. If I slow down it reads fine, and if the depth gets below 25' even at 20+ MPH it seems to work just fine.

alldodge

Staff member
Its usually glued to the hull under the engine. From your description it sounds like there is something creating bubbles on the hull. If bubbles start the sonar pulse will not be read

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That's what I was thinking, as far as the bubbles. But that doesn't sound like something I'm going to be able to fix/control. Any suggestions?

alldodge

Staff member
After finding the transducer grab it and try to pull it loose by hand only. It should not move, if it does completely remove and clean it and the hull. Get some silicone and put a big glob on it. Let it dry and see if it improves.

If it didn't move check the hull area where the transducer is to see if something is in front of it, even a ruff spot that can cause turbulence.

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I found where the transducer was located, It does not moving at all. I will have to looked under the boat to see if the hull has any rough areas.

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry I just seen your post KFL1106. The Transducer is located behind the engine on the starboard (driver) side.

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had not had the boat out till this past 2 weeks.
Transducer is snug in place
Under side of the boat is clean and smooth
Flashes if turning left right speeding up or slowing down.

I can reset the depth finder in the settings when it starts flashing and it will go back to reading for about 3-5 seconds and start flashing again.

I did run into some rough water this past weekend and had bumped the trim up a little. (Usually run it all the way down with the swimtabs 90lbs in the middle whole) the boat seems to loose a vibration I really never noticed in the past till raising the trim a little.

Now the depth seems to work better than before, not sure if it's a vibration thing or just happen to be actually working while I had it up. Did really get to run it that long due to pour weather our last couple days on the lake.

I know it has a temp display as well that seems to always read like 125?, and at one time the temp started flashing at 140? Maybe I just need to buy a new one all together.

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer
I know it has a temp display as well that seems to always read like 125?, and at one time the temp started flashing at 140? Maybe I just need to buy a new one all together.

Sounds like it may be reading the temperature inside the engine compartment. I think it's time for a new one.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Only through hull transducers will display water temp. If the inner hull glued xducer is the same as one on a transom mount , temp readings aren't going to work.