Question about the Tahoe Deckboat Rear Ladder

BassinProf

Cadet
Hello, I recently bought a 2008 Tahoe 215 and noticed that the rear ladder is folds up kind of crooked. This causes it to rub against the hull when it's tucked away in it's compartment. I've attached a couple of pics, it's like one of the telescoping pipes doesn't fit right. I'll order a new ladder if this is a defect but I wanted to make sure it's not normal for the ladder to fold up like this.

This isn't normal, right?

Thanks, Jeff

Attachments

• photo 1 (3).JPG
    photo 1 (3).JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

marcoalza

Chief Petty Officer
Looks to me like that ladder has hit the beach or sea bed at some point and skewed the assembly.

May need a new ladder to rectify this.

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It appears that one of the hinge mounts has been warped or bent as well. I think you can remove the assembly and straighten the hinge and you also need to re-square the first section of the ladder. It could have been caused by some overweight use as well. The easy way would be to buy a new ladder and install it for a quick fix.

BTW, Welcome to the Tahoe Forum.

BassinProf

Cadet
Thanks guys! I'll order a new ladder. To make matters worse, three of the four bolts holding the brackets to the hull are loose and I can't for the life of me figure out how to reach the nuts underneath in the engine compartment. All I can figure is that they were originally installed before the motor by literally climbing into the bilge. They're not super loose, they just turn when I try to tighten them from the bolt head. As long as the new ladder will fasten to the original brackets I should be okay.

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I can't remember how it looks where my ladder is bolted on but will look to see how it is attached tomorrow. I have a Q6 but the ladder should be attached the same on each boat.