monster rod holders

Glockman40

Recruit
Ok, I haven't posted here before but have read a few threads that definitely helped me out about mounting my transducer... i have a question, probably a dumb question for most of you but here goes. . .
I'm the new owner of a brand new Tahoe q4i sf, I've never owned a boat like this before, just a flat bottom Jon boat. . . I'm looking into rod holders and monster rod holders are what I've settled on BUT is it possible to mount the economy base on the fiberglass ? The q4i doesn't have a flat surface to mount it to and I'm not going to order them and then find out the hard way. I'd imagine I'd have to use screws of some sort because I wouldn't be able to get to the bolts to put on nuts and tighten them down. I do ALLOT of catfishing on the tennessee river and these holders are perfect for how I fish. I asked the tracker center at bass pro for advice about mounting them myself and they simply told me to bring the boat in an for about 1 to 150.00$ they would mount them for me. Absolutely no help at all. Can someone tell me if this is possible and how I would go about doing it? I apologize for my ignorance on this matter I am just very nervous when it comes to drilling and screwing into my new fiberglass boat.