Replacing the bunks on the trailer

dhildebrand

Seaman Apprentice
I have a Q7i, 2010 5.0 liter 220hp. The trailer bunks are showing significant wear and they need replaced. I am looking for recommendations on what to use..ie carpet, poly, etc. I would prefer recommendations from those who have preformed this procedure, but will entertain all thought!

alldodge

Staff member
I have a Q7i, 2010 5.0 liter 220hp. The trailer bunks are showing significant wear and they need replaced. I am looking for recommendations on what to use..ie carpet, poly, etc. I would prefer recommendations from those who have preformed this procedure, but will entertain all thought!

Have replaced many bunks and so far as carpet, used everything from boat bunk carpet to left over from having the house recarpeted. The carpet will last in most cases the wood. The wood usually rots before the carpet does. I prefer a short nap and as dense pli?

dhildebrand

Seaman Apprentice
All the wood seems fine, its just the carpet wearing out. I'm guessing that they factory didn't use the top of the line carpet (ie they still use the crappy bias ply tires instead of radials to save money). I will change out the wood at the same time. I just want something that others are using and are happy with.