2004 Tahoe Q4 trolling Motor Mount modification for Minn Kota

Boatman606

Cadet
Has anyone got any tips on modifying the old style trolling motor bracket? Mine has the spring mechanism up front and won't allow the addition of a minn kota or any other new style mount. Part numbers, Pictures and description would be well appreciated.. Thanks

Fun Times

Staff member
Hi there Boatman606, if you don't seem to get any ideas down here in the boat manufacture section in a few day's it might be better to have one of us Moderators move your question over to the Electrical, Electronics, Audio and Trolling Motors sub-forum where we might be able to get a little extra help from some of the guys that know a little more about the trolling motors mounts. This area is sometimes a little slower in getting some help. If you'd like to move it later, feel free to bump the topic and send a PM to a Mod to move it.

In the mean time, have you checked out the Minn Kota website to see if it's of any help? http://www.minnkotamotors.com/

Good luck.:)

Boatman606

Cadet
Thanks ,
I might have found a solution. It seems that the design of this plate was a case of the engineer was cuckled by the mechanic. Only options are machine shop work or buy a new plate. I think i found a new replacement plate, it is the new style without the spring block on front. ill keep you informed. Thanks

Andymancan

Recruit
Thanks ,
I might have found a solution. It seems that the design of this plate was a case of the engineer was cuckled by the mechanic. Only options are machine shop work or buy a new plate. I think i found a new replacement plate, it is the new style without the spring block on front. ill keep you informed. Thanks

Andymancan

Recruit
I’ve got an 04 Tahoe also want to put Minn kota on it. What did you come up with. Thanks.